What AV receiver for KEF 5005.2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All, I am buying a KEF 5005.2 speakers, found in Currys for 750£. . I have a 52HX903 TV, with a BDPS580(3D Blu Ray player). I would like what is best AV Receiver for this setup. My useage would be for movies and daily Sky HD viewing. Kindly let me know your thoughts

Note: I would like to know whether a Sony STRDH810 be a good choice?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hello,

May be around 300-400 max, I found the Sony STRDH810 for around 200£, but one of my mate said the Denon 1912, which seems to be around 450£.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hello Rick,

Thanks for the valuable information. The RXV671 is also around 499 mark and with extensive research I found the Onkyo TXNR609 to be better than the Yamaha & Denon 1912. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
You asked what the best receiver would be with your chosen speakers. Someone replies with a suggestion with what they consider to be the best match with the Kefs in their experience, yet you come back questioning it and you have no experience of either? Go and visit a dealer and get a comparison between the two for yourself. That is the only way to confirm it by using your own ears.

swsuresh said:
Hello Rick,

Thanks for the valuable information. The RXV671 is also around 499 mark and with extensive research I found the Onkyo TXNR609 to be better than the Yamaha & Denon 1912. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Hi Suresh

I am sorry for my late reply :(

Your welcome. The new RX-V671 has a RPP of £500. I know the 2005.2 speakers well as i used to sell these, other KEF KHT sub/sat speakers packages and i also owned KHT2005. Denon and Onkyo do work well with Kef KHT speakers however in my experience Yamaha AV amplifiers gel even more effectively with KHT speakers. Yamaha's overall tonal qualities combined with their Cinema DSP technology and KEF's UniQ technology compliment each other just nicely :)

Comparing their audio performance i also prefer the RX-V671 to the TX-NR609.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
swsuresh said:
The RXV671 is also around 499 mark and with extensive research I found the Onkyo TXNR609 to be better than the Yamaha & Denon 1912. Correct me if I am wrong.

I would say either the 671 or the 609 as a starting point. Like the 3005's, the 5005.2's get better when you use a better receiver, so if you can stretch to go up the range a little more, you'll get more out of them.

A

Anonymous

I previously had a Yamaha with Kef and the tonal balance was superb, it really was.

Nobody can make the decision for you. You really need to go demo a few and choose what sounds best to you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts