What are you watching?

Page 67 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Watched Don’t Look Up on Netflix the other day. I didn’t realise it was an Adam McKay film until the opening scene which reminded of his style, so I then checked IMDB and realised it was. I really like his previous films Vice and in particular, The Big Short.

Don’t Look Up satirically sums up the current state of things in this world - particularly the attitudes of younger, social media obsessed celebrities. This depiction almost makes me hate them even more than I already do. As unbelievable and far fetched as the latter part of the film seemed, it didn’t actually feel like it could be too far from the truth at some point, given the seemingly low IQs of current world leaders.

idc

TV highlights from last year were the new version of All Creatures Great and Small, Clarkson's Farm and the new to me Henry Cole shows, Shed & Buried and Junk & Disorderly.

Most hyped, has been Top Gear, which is better than previous versions, but they are basically doing the same things as before.

Best one off, was Help, about life in a care home during the pandemic.

Most unexpected was becoming an addict to the Great British Sewing Bee.

doifeellucky

Great film which was largely ignored until it came out on VHS and then became a cult classic!
I wonder how many people got turned on to Mozart after watching it.....? 🤔
I remember seeing it at the cinema in Nottingham. I personally think 10’s are often given out to some questionable films, but for me it’s a perfect film. Must watch again soon.

DCarmi

Wanted to watch Foundation but wasn't willing to pay for AppleTV. Mentioned it to the other-half who announced that she thought she had AppleTV as part of her phone deal but never used it. Doh!

Just got to find a time, when she's not watching Vets in Hospital Gardens... or such like!

Tinman1952

Wanted to watch Foundation but wasn't willing to pay for AppleTV. Mentioned it to the other-half who announced that she thought she had AppleTV as part of her phone deal but never used it. Doh!

Just got to find a time, when she's not watching Vets in Hospital Gardens... or such like!
I only paid £49 for the year but I wish there were more original content. Ted Lasso is really excellent. Only others watched are Foundation and Invasion so far....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts