What are you watching?

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Attack_The_Block_2.jpg

I did enjoy it, but I'm either getting too old or I've been away from London too long, as I found myself rooting for the aliens. :D

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
512XHI-kZYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

On Blu-ray, Friday night. Superb, and well worth a watch even if you're not into F1.

Agreed. Watched a HD download on BT Vision. Great film if a bit sad. Lost count of how many times my Wife shouted "don't get into the car!!!"...... It didn't work though.:cry:

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Fringe is excellent, another vote from me on that one.

However, I'm hooked on a series called "Hollywood Hi-Tech" that is shown in the States at the moment (thank you proxy server!).

It's both fascinating and annoying at the same time.
The premis is that a makeover team invade the homes of the rich & famous in Hollywood and replace their fantastic home cinema setups with even more fantastic home cinema setups.
It doesn't just involve the equipment but also the actual rooms as well.

So far there's been celebrities such as Oliver Stone, Adam Corolla and some other less well known celebs.

Basically it's a twist on "Home Makeover" but concentrated on AV systems which is fascinating, but another instance of rich people getting more free stuff, which is where the annoying part comes in :?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
51cv4HLz34L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Watched this Sunday night. Read the book on holiday in August and the film was an interesting follow up, very enjoyable but a bit weird with it being over dubbed in English but better than subtitles.

Read the other two books on our last holiday so will give those two a watch shortly.
Best books I've read in a long time.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
10 minutes into the BD of 'Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon'. My god the 7.1 TrueHD soundtrack is impressive! There hasn't even been any shooting/fighting yet!

Sadly Rosie Fearnley-Whittingstall or whatever her name is, is as bad as I remember from the cinema.:shame:

The 'comedy bots' are still just as annoying too.:doh:

Oh well. When the snakey transformer tears through the skyscraper I'm sure all will be forgiven.:clap:

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Keeping with the scandinavian theme I've been watching The Killing II a Danish subtitled crime thriller on BBC Four. Very good so far.
I've not watched anything with subtitles for a long time.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dave,

I know in the past you were using Dreambox 8000 and now you've switched to Xtrend ET9000 is this box better then DM8000? how is the sd channels performance on Xtrend ET9000 compared to Dreambox. Thanks.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

41PgCpkqbwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
4142OuiohrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2 excellent Korean films, the Koreans are really becoming the masters of great cinema.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Lost Angeles said:

Watched this Sunday night. Read the book on holiday in August and the film was an interesting follow up, very enjoyable but a bit weird with it being over dubbed in English but better than subtitles.

Read the other two books on our last holiday so will give those two a watch shortly.

Watch with the subtitles, far better. This is probably the best film of the 3, but they're all good.

Dubbed????!!!!
cry.gif

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Danny Boyle's 'Sunshine' on More4 - only SD and regular MPEG audio but my Sony STR-D2400ES really makes the most of any DTS Neural coding in the later films, so great surround effects!!

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Lost Angeles said:

Watch with the subtitles, far better. This is probably the best film of the 3, but they're all good.

Dubbed????!!!!
cry.gif

Hollywood version out in UK cinemas Boxing Day.

I will probably go and watch it, I just hope we don't get an audience full of idiots on mobile phones.
If I ran the picture house I'd have a jamming device to ensure Phones did not work in the auditorium.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts