What are you listening to?

Page 355 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
deli.jpg

Opeth - `Deliverance` CD I`ve got six Opeth albums and they`re all good!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
free.jpg

Free - `Free` CD Island remaster series with bonus tracks.

If you and your mates had VW Campervans and were spending the summer in Cornwall and stopped off somewhere to have a barbeque this would be a great album to have playing whilst you laze around and soak up the sun.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
mayflower.jpg

Barry Manilow - `Here At The Mayflower` CD

Marvellous theme based album from Barry, ten years old now. Set in the Mayflower apartment block each song covers a different tenant and their individual stories. Great mix of styles including pop, swing, ragtime, late night jazzy-blues and of course a sprinkling of ballads. There is an overall message as well which is `Do you know who`s living next door?`

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
ozzy.jpg

Ozzy Osbourne - `Blizzard of Oz` CD

Latest edition of Classic Rock turned up today and I was reading the reviews for the latest remastered versions of Ozzy`s first two albums which made me want to put this on. Mine isn`t quite like the one in the picture but rather the 1995 remaster with a different cover. Same album though and it really is an essential listen for anyone with an ear for heavy rock.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
carvedinsand-1.jpg

The Mission - `Carved In Sand` CD Remastered 2 disc version.

Their earlier work gets all the plaudits and this one often gets overlooked which is a shame as it`s a very strong album. `Into The Blue`, `Deliverance`, `Grapes Of Wrath`, the dark and disturbing tale of `Amelia` and the sumptuous `Butterfly On A Wheel` are all worth hearing.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
HARK.jpg

Steeleye Span - `Hark The Village Wait` CD

I wish I could get to listen to this many albums every day.
Time now for some classic folk with my favourite Steeleye Span album. Also love this album sleeve.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
deanmart.jpg

Dean Martin - `The Very Best Of vols 1 & 2` Two CD set.

Been finding myself listening to this set quite a lot lately. Think I`ve underestimated Dean`s contribution to music.

idc

Swiss post rock instruemntal band Leech. My favourite band from Switzerland over all the other bands I know who are from Switzerland..........

517BL7jwyBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

though I do like the pagan folk metal band Eluveitie in small doses.

51WXxWN%2B%2BIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

idc

Now listening to math rock band Don Caballero. A mix of instrumental and vocal tracks with wonderfully complex timing, jagged punkish guitars playing complex repeating phrases like Frippertronics accompanied by heavy rock drumming. Like a heavy version of Tortoise or a more spiky version of Mogwai.

61NvOOXPmrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts