What are you listening to?

Page 384 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Bliss tonight, everyone out so got the house to myself, next door away too! Set the dial accordingly.

Three new CD's which arrived this week.

61LXe9UgXWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

515G8tXgGAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41R3SN5YlPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Drummerdave said:
Indeed, it has to be loud! I liked one review I read descibing it as sounding like some sort of sonic weapon as opposed to a collection of songs. :) Each track has a real groove to it though, I'm finding it a lot easier to get into than Obzen.

I get where your comming from re. Obzen. I absolutely love that album but it took me a couple of listens to truely appreciate it, though Bleed just blew me away the second it started playing!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave said:
drichardb said:
Drummerdave said:
Big Chris said:

Me too Chris, I think it's fantastic!

+1 here

gonna try and get hold of a vinyl copy after payday next Thursday

bloody annoying at the mo though - cant get the house empty so I can turn it up loud enough to truely appreciate it! :rockout:

Indeed, it has to be loud! I liked one review I read descibing it as sounding like some sort of sonic weapon as opposed to a collection of songs. :) Each track has a real groove to it though, I'm finding it a lot easier to get into than Obzen.

Agreed. I was a bit disappointed with Obzen, but Koloss has restored my faith in the groovy, grindy Meshuggah of 'Nothing' & 'Catch 33'.

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
finally got Koloss playing properly and my subwoofer can't keep up with Tomas Haake's feet on The Demons Name is Surveillance :rockout:

Thats the final straw for me - I was hoping to sort out a proper amp and sub before the end of the year, now its gone right to the top of the shopping list!

Highway

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
I have been listening to dreissk:The Finding.

Really enjoying the album unfold. It's described as Ambient/IDM/Shoegaze.

All I know is it's on my shopping list now.

187.jpg

idc

Animal Joy - brilliant album, their best yet IMHO

Presently listening to Maserati 'Pyramid of the Sun' - post rock electronica like Jean-Michel Jarre rocked up on steroids.

Maserati-Pyramid-Of-The-Sun.jpg

char_lotte

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello , new member here.

Currently listening to Younger Brother "A flock of beeps" and then Journeyman "Mama 6"...all whilst making a chilli and fajitas for a mexican party.

Multitasking you see......

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
My Creek Evo 2 amp has developed a fault and is currently in hi-fi hospital, so I've drafted in the back up amp, the trusty Marantz PM7001. What a good amp this is, built like a tank, but sounds really sweet.

Anyways, had a good blast of Rory tonight, and then Peter Gabriel (the first CD I bought back in 1990)..

41R3SN5YlPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
317CVfKymnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS