What are you listening to?

Page 312 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

idc

DIB try some Scandinavian prog rock, such as Trettioariga Kriget and the album Elden Av Ar....

01AwcA9kB0pZkAdF4BAAAAG2EkrOQ_1.jpg

and others I would recommend are Anekdoten and The Flower Kings.

A

Anonymous

DIB:
maxflinn:
introducing-the-hardline-according-to-terence-trent-d-arby-13864061.jpeg

Good album Max. If you get a chance have a listen to his second, follow up album on Spotify "Neither Fish Nor Flesh a Soundtrack of Love, Faith, Hope and Destruction" (phew!). Absolutely panned to high heaven at the time of release, a real career killer if ever there was one. As you can probably imagine from the title alone, it's a touch on the pretentious side
emotion-2.gif
. See what you think, and whether the criticism of the time was justified.

i'll have a listen, DIB
emotion-21.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:
Played it to death when released and most of last year, but haven't heard it in a while, so thought i'd give it a spin...Still a great album

31ibBxA1qML._SS500_.jpg

The XX - XX

Agree with that DaveH75, this is one of those few albums I discovered when it was pretty unknown (after hearing a track on Zane Lowe), just checked, was August 2009 when I bought it. So Ive had it 1.5 years ish, and havent tired of it yet.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:
NewOrderRepublicCover.jpg

emotion-21.gif
A bit more upbeat than say 'Power, Corruption and Lies', but still a good album. Just listened to Kate Walsh 'Peppermint Radio' - nice one Max
emotion-11.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
idc:
DIB try some Scandinavian prog rock, such as Trettioariga Kriget and the album Elden Av Ar....

Cheers, I will do. Always up for listening to something new.

I'm off work recuperating at the moment so have plenty of free time to listen to music on my own in peace during the day, with no distractions
emotion-2.gif

Spotify Premium is brilliant for just being able to listen to entire albums with no interuptions.

A

Anonymous

audioaffair:I can't believe the length of this thread! A bit of Quincy Jones for me today
emotion-1.gif

i bet you wish you'd started it
emotion-4.gif

sorry i couldn't resist that
emotion-10.gif

emotion-2.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
idc:

Intrigued, I played it last night before bedtime, and again today. Good call, enjoyed it greatly.

Here's a tip for you. A 2009 album by US Psych/Prog band Astra, the album "The Weirding", playing now. Plenty of long pieces, mellotrons, flutes. What more could anyone want
emotion-2.gif
By the way, my wife hates it.

51SWq8c-KnL._SS400_.jpg

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
Madison Viloet -No Fool for Trying. A great album by a singer-songwriting duo from Canada who have just won the John Lennon song writing prize with one of the songs from the album. They are absolutely fantastic live and I highly recommend them and their albums.

A

Anonymous

So far today i've had the folowing on

DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist - Strickly 45's

The Prodigy - The Dirt Chambers Sessions

DJ Yoda - How To Cut N Paste.

D

Deleted member 2457

Big Chris:gel:

Metallica - Master Of Puppets Live Nimes 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSe-QgO9A8&feature=fvw

Come crawling faster

Obey your master

Your life burns faster

Obey your master

Master

emotion-21.gif

The most life-like Blu-Ray I own. Astounding picture...... The sound ain't bad either.
emotion-5.gif

Yep i love it, i am always playing it
emotion-21.gif

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts