what are the best headphones to use ?

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi to all could you please help i have the sony bdp 760 blu ray player i need a 5.1 or 7.1 surround headphones that works best with this blu ray player that does dolby digital dts and in hd format with the headphones can you or anybody on forum recommend the best to use thanks need reply asap please
emotion-11.gif

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Can these headphones be really called "5.1" or "7.1"? Do they have 5 or 7 speakers and a sub-woofer, or do they take a DD (or True HD) 5.1/7.1 signal and down mix for stereo? If the latter, does it differ from how a BD/DVD player would output sound to a TV if you weren't using a home cinema? Have WHF ever tested any of these (even eons ago?).

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
They come with a Dolby decoder (typically built in to the wireless base station bit, I believe), which decodes DD and DTS and gives a pseudo surround effect. Some wireless gaming headsets come with this and seem to be quite popular.

I gather the one's for home cinema use have been sort of popular in the States but never really heard of them over here, but I did remember something about the Pioneer one's from a few years ago which prompted my little investigation. Can't say the idea appeals much, but as I haven't heard them I can't judge.

Big Aura:
Can these headphones be really called "5.1" or "7.1"? Do they have 5 or 7 speakers and a sub-woofer, or do they take a DD (or True HD) 5.1/7.1 signal and down mix for stereo? If the latter, does it differ from how a BD/DVD player would output sound to a TV if you weren't using a home cinema? Have WHF ever tested any of these (even eons ago?).

Exactly my thoughts.........
emotion-42.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts