what amp?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Hello there, in the past few weeks I've been trying to buy an amp,in fact I've bought a yamaha ax-497 , then a marantz pm4001.Haven't been happy with either. Yamaha overwhelmes midrange,marantz it's the bass and lack of midrange.Any ideas of wich of the next would be most neutral sounding? Pioneer a-209r or denon pma-500 ae? thx for help.

A

Anonymous

Neither of the two you mentioned. What is your budget? New or used?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
don't want to spend much.price doesn't allways mean good sound.I've listened to cambride audio.sounds like a portable radio...no bass.I want to buy something cheap that sound balanced...20 years ago things were simpler and better...I guess the only way is to buy some rubbish and then feed the signal through an amplified equalizer.

A

Anonymous

Cypher:Rotel RA-04

You took the words straight out of my mouth...

A

Anonymous

I agree totally with my esteemed colleagues - Rotel RA-04!!!

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I would buy the rotel 04, but it doesn's have a remote, wich i tolally need...listen mostly radio,by changind stations, allways need to be reajusting sound.here in portugal the 04 costs 300 euros...the 05 with remote...double that...ripoff.....for arcam's there's not much offer available.the 04 would be perfect judging from the reviews I've read.If only...

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Look out for a second hand Densen Beat B-100 integrated. No remote though. To get what you are after you will have to spend a lot more or get lucky with a bargain.

A

Anonymous

I dont think your going to get what you are after with the budget you have unless you go secondhand tbh.

Also i noticed that you say you already bought a yam and a cambridge audio amp but didnt like them, did you run either of these in, my old ca340 took ages to run in.........like 2 months.

A

Anonymous

marcymarc555:Also i noticed that you say you already bought a yam and a cambridge audio amp but didnt like them, did you run either of these in, my old ca340 took ages to run in.........like 2 months.

ie. your ears took 2 months to get used to it.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
inot really..lived with each for about two weeks...each of them sounding worse the more I lestened...ca340...after those 2 months does it give a little bit more of the bass side of music? ca seems to color to much the midrange and treble....before i've had s30 speakers....sounded much worse with the ax497(the again to much coloration in the midrange) , than with my home cinema amp(wich is really a all in one system) with 20w chanel... maybe I'm getting crazy...lol but nowadays nothing seems do match the sounds I recal from my youth and childhood...late 70's akay stereo amps...and late 70's pioneers receiversand late 70's sansuy's receivers...

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:marcymarc555:Also i noticed that you say you already bought a yam and a cambridge audio amp but didnt like them, did you run either of these in, my old ca340 took ages to run in.........like 2 months.

ie. your ears took 2 months to get used to it.

Yeah your prob right in a respect, there was quite an improvement though as time went on, taking into account it didnt get used very much in the first month though, i was that displeasded with it i just didnt use it...

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
yup thats my point...in fact i have an excelent oportunity to buy a ca340 for a great price.from new...but even being so cheap , i guess it woud have no point in having it if i'm not happy with the sound...guess its good for listening to calm music...not tiring at all.anyways i only returned the amps i got because it was a 15 day trial.satysfaction or money back garanteed....happy to return them,unhappy for not having found what i craved for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts