what amp for cyrus 8x?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I will soon be picking up new amp to partner my b&w cm2's and cyrus 8x, my budget is only 600 pounds, my two candidates are the roksan kandy or the cyrus 6vs2. I havent herd them yet so any feedback on the amps would be cool. The cyrus is the obvious choice but i cant ignore the well reviewed roksan.

A

Anonymous

As you can see from my signature I'm a big Cyrus fan but trying not to be too biased, I'd also think about future upgrade options. Not sure about the upgrade options for the Kandy but with the 6vs2 you can add a 6 or 8 power amp at a later date and if your speakers allow, you could then set this up in a bi-amped configuration. Then to move up to the next level you could look at adding a PSX-R power supply to your CD8X and possibly to the power amp.

A

Anonymous

Hello ian, ive been useing mf's x- seris for years now its time to say goodbye, ill be picking up the 8x in febuary with one of the amps ive mentioned, i will have to go for the 6vs2 as it will deliver cleaner power than the roksan, just less of it, that is until i can upgrade wich wont be to long, my x-ray and xa1 are in my local dealers waiting to be sold so i can cross to the dark side of the force, thanks for your feedback.

A

Anonymous

There are a few deals around on Cyrus kit at the moment, so check with your local dealers: I have seen the 8vs2 for about £650, not much more than the price of the six version.

TRENDING THREADS