What AMP best pairs with Quad L-ite speaker system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am looking to buy the Quad L-ite speaker system. Looking for advice as to which AMP will work best with the speakers. I am considering the following:Onkyo 605 or Onkyo 705Denon 2807 Please provide feedback upon your experiences. Open to alternatives amplifier suggestions too. Oh also, which speaker cable will pair well with the system? – don’t want to spend a fortune but something reasonable that retains the quality. Thanks in advance. H

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The Onkyo 605 is our current Product of the Year, so clearly the best buy in that price bracket. We gave the Denon 2807 4 stars, not 5, as we didn't find it the most demonstrative or dynamic listen. The 605 will work a treat with the Quad L-ite package.

As for speaker cable, I'd go with QED Silver Anniversary XT (£5.50/m) - it's a great all-rounder, decent value and another Award winner.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, for that.

Is it worth spending the little extra cash for the Onkyo 705?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The main differences I can see are that the 705 delivers 160w/channel compared with the 605's 140w/channel, it's THX Select 2 certified, has the more advanced MultiQ auto set-up system and has three HDMI inputs rather than two. Depends how much those things matter to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts