What album is it

Crispion

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,I,m trying to find an album from maybe the very late sixties or very early seventies, all I remember is a child sat on the front cover but with a mans head ,and I think he might have had long hair, i,m hoping one of you vinyl nuts can help

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I don't know, but I think Jim W probably will, so hopefully he'll see this.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
The_Lhc said:
Genre? By any chance is the child wearing any clothes? If not I think it's a led zepellin album but I can't remember which one.

You're probably thinking of 'Houses Of The Holy'. From the description, I don't think it's that.

Oddly enough that name just popped into my head but that's lots of children isn't it? Or maybe I'm thinking of another dodgy 70s cover?

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Freddy58 said:
The_Lhc said:
Genre? By any chance is the child wearing any clothes? If not I think it's a led zepellin album but I can't remember which one.

You're probably thinking of 'Houses Of The Holy'. From the description, I don't think it's that.

Oddly enough that name just popped into my head but that's lots of children isn't it? Or maybe I'm thinking of another dodgy 70s cover?

Yeah, children or more likely some kind of nymphs on rocks.

Anyway, I reckon Jim will know.

Crispion

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
No,it's definitely not Zeppelin, this is just the one figure on the front, I thought it was zoot money, but I've tried their back catalogue with no luck

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Any further details? Genre? Country? The ony one I can think of has several children, but they are sitting down with adults and it's Blood, Sweat and Tears, 'Child Is Father To The Man'. Take a look and see if this it. I'll kep thinking in the meantime.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
This could be a good idea for a thread. Guess the album name from an obscure description of the cover. Something you could never do with an mp3.

Now where's my coat.
confused_smile.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

John Duncan said:
No it's not, but if you squint (or, say, have no memory of what the album is) perhaps one might mistakenly think it so.

So you're talking about squinting whilst looking at a picture of a topless 11 year old girl? *shok* *lol*

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
I wonder if 'they' would allow that cover today? I doubt it...

I think it's beyond doubt, Freddy and I don't know how they got away with it then. It's a damn fine record and deserved a better cover in my opinion.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Jim-W said:
Freddy58 said:
I wonder if 'they' would allow that cover today? I doubt it...

I think it's beyond doubt, Freddy and I don't know how they got away with it then. It's a damn fine record and deserved a better cover in my opinion.

Blimey, I just checked and apparently she was only 11! I'd always assumed she was much older, but just looked young. What on earth were they thinking of?!

Crispion

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
If I remember it looked like it was a child about three sat having is photo took ,but it had a mans head with longish slightly curly hair ,

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Crispion said:
If I remember it looked like it was a child about three sat having is photo took ,but it had a mans head with longish slightly curly hair ,

And when did you have this dream?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts