what A B stereo amplifier means?

xerefey

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in the middle to receive my Rotel RA-1570 integrated amplifier, but I have a big question on my mind the amplifier is described as AB what does this really means? Reading imanuals and forums it seems like I'm able to plug 4 speakers (let's say living room and garden) is this correct? By doing this do I keep sending 120 W per speaker? Do you know if somehow I'm able to turn on/off between zones? (Let's say that I want to have garden speaker's with sound but living room off).

Any comment is welcome.

Brgds

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Although in this case it does also mean just that, as the Rotel has two sets of speaker outputs, so two pairs of speakers can be connected.

Front-panel Speaker A and Speaker B selectors mean you could run speakers in two rooms, and choose whether to have either set playing, or both.

Basically your is a Class AB amplifier to which you can attach 2 pairs of speakers that happen to be labelled A and B (could just as well be 1 and 2).

This being a nice facility if you should want massive great speaker cable runs into another room! :)

xerefey

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Thank's all for your reply, looks like this new rotel is much better than what I expected, did any of you had chance to listen to it? Unfortunately I have not gotten any feedback about this new model.

So if connecting the 4 speakers echa of them will receive 120watts or the 120wpc will be share among the four speakers?

Brgds

I wouldn't worry about what watts per channel your speakers will be getting as it will be unlikely to effect any volume you are likely to be playing them at.

I believe your amp is classified as 120 watts per channel - and it is a stereo amp. (I am not sure if you can run both pairs of speakers at the same time)

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Alears said:
(I am not sure if you can run both pairs of speakers at the same time)

"The RA‑1570 has two sets of speaker outputs, labeled SPEAKER A and

SPEAKER B. The speaker outputs are controlled by the switch 7 on

the front panel and the buttons O on the remote control.

Speaker Selection

If only one set of speakers will be used at any given time, the speakers

may have an impedance as low as 4 ohms. If there are times when

both the A and B speakers will be used, all the speakers should have an

impedance of 8 ohms or more. Speaker impedance ratings are less than

precise. In practice, very few loudspeakers will present any problems for

the RA‑1570."

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Alears said:
(I am not sure if you can run both pairs of speakers at the same time)

"The RA‑1570 has two sets of speaker outputs, labeled SPEAKER A and

SPEAKER B. The speaker outputs are controlled by the switch 7 on

the front panel and the buttons O on the remote control.

Speaker Selection

If only one set of speakers will be used at any given time, the speakers

may have an impedance as low as 4 ohms. If there are times when

both the A and B speakers will be used, all the speakers should have an

impedance of 8 ohms or more. Speaker impedance ratings are less than

precise. In practice, very few loudspeakers will present any problems for

the RA‑1570."

Good solid advice.

The only thing I would add is that I would not use two pairs of known 4 ohm speakers (A + B) if i was going to really drive them hard, a party perhaps, otherwise as said above there should be no issues in normal use.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
davedotco said:
Doesn't give much advice on party planning though.

manuel-fawlty-towers-290.jpg

xerefey

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys,

I really appreciatte your answers, just as an additional information currently the scope us to install a pair of CM1 B&W speakers with a ASW610 B&W sub (Living room), the plan is that in the future i might add a couple of Bose (Yes i know these are not the best speakers), however i´m just planning to use them for putting some music at my garden.

My feeling is that this mix should be morre than enought for the purposes i´m looking for, my main need is to really have a high fidelity system at living room and been able to switch among both rooms when necessary.

Make sense?

Saludos!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts