Question What? 100 watt 2ch reciever HELP!!

Socal1

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
Shopping for a 2ch 100 watt reciever intragrated amp
to power my JBL ES 80 floor standing loud speakers
that is forgiving for my Poorly recorded music
mp3 itunes Ipod Nano and Pandora

Don't need reference quality just want to sound good!

Cambridge AXR 100 has noisy fan review issue
Onkyo TX8170 has muffled sound review

Audiolab 6000a will this sound good with my Ipod and Pandora?
If yes What power amp should I Run with it??

Iota vx sae3 stack Will this sound good with my mp3 Ipod and Pandora?

Please HELP!

Shopping for a 2ch 100 watt reciever intragrated amp
to power my JBL ES 80 floor standing loud speakers
that is forgiving for my Poorly recorded music
mp3 itunes Ipod Nano and Pandora

Don't need reference quality just want to sound good!

Cambridge AXR 100 has noisy fan review issue
Onkyo TX8170 has muffled sound review

Audiolab 6000a will this sound good with my Ipod and Pandora?
If yes What power amp should I Run with it??

Iota vx sae3 stack Will this sound good with my mp3 Ipod and Pandora?

Please HELP!
Welcome...

Does it have to be a receiver?

Socal1

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
Then get that, no point in listening to mp3, limited your self to youtube quality (192kbps)

If you do that just buy any amp that has enough power and isn't to cheap
All my music two thousand songs is already mp3 that is my problem
I bought the Yamaha rs 202 $169 bucks didn't have real 100watt power
Maybe the Yamaha AS-801 is more powerful

Socal1

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
Why do you think you need a 100 watt per channel amplifier, the jbl's are a pretty easy load at 91db, anything from 25 Watts and above would suffice I'd think.
Why do you think you need a 100 watt per channel amplifier, the jbl's are a pretty easy load at 91db, anything from 25 Watts and above would suffice I'd think.
I tried the entry level Yamaha 100 watt 2 ch RS 202 it didnt have enough power
Definitely want little more power than that
So you think the Audio Lab will Work? (50 watt ch better Dac) BUY from Crutchfield
How about the Iota vx sae Stack?? (100 watt ch) have to order over seas no sure about that

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I'd be very sceptical about the power ratings from the Yamaha, I've powered 87db stand mount pmc's with a 60 watt Naim amp....plenty of power....you just need to watch what you buy...Amplifier with a half decent power supply is the key, the Audiolab would be head and shoulders above that entry level Yamaha, no doubt about it and it'll drive your speakers without any fuss. You need to keep your expectations real though, The Audiolab will perform better with a level or two above your jbl's.
Just looking at the pictures of your speakers.... They're way to close together if that's how you listen to them and probably to close to the wall, I reckon amplifier power is the least of your problems in this room.

Last edited:

Socal1

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
I'd be very sceptical about the power ratings from the Yamaha, I've powered 87db stand mount pmc's with a 60 watt Naim amp....plenty of power....you just need to watch what you buy...Amplifier with a half decent power supply is the key, the Audiolab would be head and shoulders above that entry level Yamaha, no doubt about it and it'll drive your speakers without any fuss. You need to keep your expectations real though, The Audiolab will perform better with a level or two above your jbl's.
Just looking at the pictures of your speakers.... They're way to close together if that's how you listen to them and probably to close to the wall, I reckon amplifier power is the least of your problems in this room.
Thanks skinnypuppy71! I will work on my room spacing.
Sounds like the Audiolab will work fine for me!!
When you say the Audiolab will preform better with a level or two above my JBL'S you mean better speakers down the road...

gasolin

I had no Idea... I just saw Yamaha and 200 watts... UNBELIEVABLE! Lesson Learned..
What reciever intragrated amp do you suggest Ibuy?

Depends on your budget

Not shure if you like there sound but Denon PMA-1315 and PMA-1560 are power full and very power full

Not cheap but a Nad C375bee should do it if you like the sound of the amp

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears and Socal1

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Thanks skinnypuppy71! I will work on my room spacing.
Sounds like the Audiolab will work fine for me!!
When you say the Audiolab will preform better with a level or two above my JBL'S you mean better speakers down the road...
Yes, better speakers further down the road, but hey you maybe love your jbl's, and that's fine, but whenever you're ready just make sure and take the time to demo speakers with whatever amplifier you get and preferably a home dem in that room.lol

Socal1

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
Look for a good condition used Rotel RA-1060 integrated and you should be onto.a good setup.
60wpc but excellent power delivery, it will have no trouble driving those speakers or anything else you might attaching the future
Thanks for the suggestion!
I lost my patience and just decided to order the audiolab600a. I missed the sale price on Crutchfield by one day 😪 so I ordered off Amazon from Turntable lab. I was also looking on Ebay High Fi Heaven store.
I'm not sure the best place to buy USED Hi-fi?
Any suggestions on best place to buy USED good condition will help moving forward...
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts