What’s the equivalent headphones to B&W P9’s and Oppo headphones?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188533

The reviews I've seen of the P9 say it's overpriced. Also I wouldn't even begin to compare the Elear which I own ( also have Elex pads ) to the HD800. The Elear with stock pads is more a 'super' HD650 with the same mid bass boost making it warmish. The Elex pads smooth that out making it more like a 'super' HD600. I don't like the HD800.

Which Oppo? The PM3 was recently resurrected by Massdrop ( Drop ) with their Drop x Panda collaboration. They took the PM3 planar drivers and added THX amps and Bluetooth to make it wireless.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
The reviews I've seen of the P9 say it's overpriced. Also I wouldn't even begin to compare the Elear which I own ( also have Elex pads ) to the HD800. The Elear with stock pads is more a 'super' HD650 with the same mid bass boost making it warmish. The Elex pads smooth that out making it more like a 'super' HD600. I don't like the HD800.

Which Oppo? The PM3 was recently resurrected by Massdrop ( Drop ) with their Drop x Panda collaboration. They took the PM3 planar drivers and added THX amps and Bluetooth to make it wireless.

Wow, you have a lot of headphones! You must know your onions. What closed backs would you recommend between £250 - £300 ? I want them for travelling mostly, listening to a variety, but mainly rock/blues. Have tried NC’s at this price point but have been disappointed. I’m figuring good closed backs might offer enough passive isolation but sound much better than NC’s at the same price point.

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 188533

Honestly there isn't much to choose from in that price range that would be closed and portable. The Drop X Panda's I linked above seem to be quite good but they're at the top of your budget even without import fees and VAT. Massdrop also has the DT 177X Go. They took the 1770 Pro, tamed the crazy treble and made it 32ohm to work with portable devices. It's also going to stretch your budget though.

The above mentioned Focal Elegia is also quite good. You might could find it used as it's also expensive.

Wow, you have a lot of headphones! You must know your onions. What closed backs would you recommend between £250 - £300 ? I want them for travelling mostly, listening to a variety, but mainly rock/blues. Have tried NC’s at this price point but have been disappointed. I’m figuring good closed backs might offer enough passive isolation but sound much better than NC’s at the same price point.
To be honest, after listening to many because I could use NCs at work, I found my B&W P7's pretty good at cutting out most aircraft drone.
I guess it might depend on what you are using them with, however I find my latest IEMs are even better at isolation if the right tips are employed.

Reactions: Slothy
D

Deleted member 188533

There are some excellent IEMs if you can find tips that fit right so they stay in place.

D

Deleted member 188533

Check out the Klipsch X11 and X12. Very good overall sound. Well balanced with just a slight 'fun' tuning. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything with my X11i. I use them all the time.

The new Etymotic ER2 and ER3 are getting some stellar reviews but I haven't heard them. Absolutely worth considering.

Now I've got 1More Quad drivers too. They sound amazing. For all of 3 seconds. Then they have to be adjusted. I've tried every tip I can find and they just don't maintain a seal. I have the same problem with any of the IEMs that fit like they do.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Check out the Klipsch X11 and X12. Very good overall sound. Well balanced with just a slight 'fun' tuning. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything with my X11i. I use them all the time.

The new Etymotic ER2 and ER3 are getting some stellar reviews but I haven't heard them. Absolutely worth considering.

Now I've got 1More Quad drivers too. They sound amazing. For all of 3 seconds. Then they have to be adjusted. I've tried every tip I can find and they just don't maintain a seal. I have the same problem with any of the IEMs that fit like they do.

Thanks mate! Just bought the Quad drivers from Amazon - they look great. Just cancelled while I try out the Cambridge Audio headphones first.

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 2457

I have those 1More Quads and no problems with fitting in my ears, excellent sound quality for not a lot.
Thanks Al! Do they go in a amp as well whats the cable length, need 5m?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts