What’s the best speaker pairing for the Rega brio

Snake charmer

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
With respect, not 100% sure he knows.

IMHO he should play to the amp strengths. Currently has the Yammy AS 500. That sounds the dogs with Kef R series, which I suggested on his other thread.
Hi the keg r series unfortunately outside my budget, was considering the q350 though but couldn’t find it anywhere in walnut..not a huge fan of the ash black look to be honest. I mentioned earlier have just purchased q3030is, hopefully these will complement my Yamaha..if not then my next move a rega brio…any views on this?

Hi the keg r series unfortunately outside my budget, was considering the q350 though but couldn’t find it anywhere in walnut..not a huge fan of the ash black look to be honest. I mentioned earlier have just purchased q3030is, hopefully these will complement my Yamaha..if not then my next move a rega brio…any views on this?
Used versions of the KEF R100 are cheaper than MA 100 you've mentioned.

I think Q Acoustics are fab speakers for the money. I'm trying to show you, based on personal experience, that you not be making the most of your Yammy

Reactions: Al ears

Snake charmer

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
Used versions of the KEF R100 are cheaper than MA 100 you've mentioned.

I think Q Acoustics are fab speakers for the money. I'm trying to show you, based on personal experience, that you not be making the most of your Yammy
Hi I do appreciate that, as I’m new to all this more than happy to receive any comments. Am wanting to sell the Yamaha and my marantz pm505 to upgrade , happy to go 2nd hand with a budget of around 300.

Snake charmer

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
I would stick with the yammy and go with the Kef.
I don't think you would get much of a upgrade with the brio .
Agreed. He would need to be looking at the Elex-R as minimum. Or perhaps something like a Roksan Kandy K2 (or K3 if the OP wants to go brand new). Whatever option he chooses it will blow the £400 budget x 2
after some thought, gonna save and get the rega elex-r and some ma silver 100s. Happy with the Yamaha ..will keep an eye out for some keys…but at the mo the q3030is will have to do. They are coming tomorrow, hope it was a wise choice ?

after some thought, gonna save and get the rega elex-r and some ma silver 100s. Happy with the Yamaha ..will keep an eye out for some keys…but at the mo the q3030is will have to do. They are coming tomorrow, hope it was a wise choice ?
Think that's the wiser choice. With the Brio the improvement will be marginal, slightly different but not enough to justify the extra cost.
As regards the Q Acoustics, they should match nicely with the Yammy.
Keep us updated :)

rainsoothe

Hi. I disagree with the others, that a Brio wouldn't be an upgrade over the Yamaha. I mean yes, the Yamaha sounds ok, but doesn't have the right drive to it, imo. On the other hand, yes, saving for a better amp is the best choice. Also, the 3030i are stellar.

Snake charmer

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
Hi. I disagree with the others, that a Brio wouldn't be an upgrade over the Yamaha. I mean yes, the Yamaha sounds ok, but doesn't have the right drive to it, imo. On the other hand, yes, saving for a better amp is the best choice. Also, the 3030i are stellar.
Hi thanks for that..thought the brio would be a better amp…especially for playing vinyl.

Hi thanks for that..thought the brio would be a better amp…especially for playing vinyl.
You won't know if the Brio is better at vinyl playback unless you do a side by side comparison. Most amps that have built-in phono stages are very good.

The reason for my caution, as many of the longer term members will recall... I had a £390 40 watt per channel Arcam A65+. It took me about 2 years before I found an amp that justified the premium price tag. I literally demoed most of the popular sub-£1000 integrated, from Roksan Kandy L3 to Rotel to Naim to Audio Analogue to Cyrus to Musical Fidelity to Creek....

Of course amps over a £1000 were out of my budget and/or they didn't have a phono stage. I lucked out with the Leema: it was end of line model, heavily discounted. Haven't looked back since...in 2010

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts