Wharfedale v Monitor Audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new 5.1 speaker system to go with my Onkyo TXSR605.

I'll hopefully be auditioning the Monitor Audio BR2 AV package and the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 system at the weekend. Anyone got anyviews for or against either of these?....they'll be used for movies and music so ideally I'm looking for something that will give me the best of both worlds.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

i had the br2 system and was v impressed. Excellent with movies but i found it a tad light on bass when using 2 channels for music. Instead of using the sub for music I decided to upgrade it to a 7.1 system. I brought the br5's and use them at the front, brfx at the sides and the br2's at the back. Loads better and im now v happy with it all. Im sure that a lot of my issues with sounding too bright is due 2 my old receiver (sony 795) so id love to know if the 605 improves the sound.

A

Anonymous

I have just got the BR2AV package with the SR605. So far I am very impressed, even after only 4 hours of having it set up. Sounded really bright at first (for 15 minutes or so) but it just keeps getting better the more I use it. Get to Sevenoaks Sound and Vision for 25% off, but you better be quick, cos the sales are over soon. I have it set up with QED XT on the front three and QED Micro for the rears.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, forgot to add this... I think the majority of people on this forum, including Ms Newsome, would tell you that the award winning BR2s offered in the BR2AV pack would be better for your music than the 9.1s. I did a post a while back asking for the best system I could get as an all rounder for movies and music. I ended up with the 605 and the BR2AVs, as have a few others.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response guys. I'm sorting out a couple of auditions for this weekend...and will definately get myself down to sevenoaks for a gander.

A

Anonymous

Ok, so the deal is I'm auditioning the Monitor Audio BR2 system tomorrow and part of the Diamond 9.1....the shop only has one set of 9.1's and no 9.0's that they usually use for surround. My question is will the dedicated surround speakers of the Monitor Audio package make a significant difference when compare to having a pair of standard Diamond 9.1's as surround?

Also the cheapest I've seen the BR2 is about £775 from Sevenoaks in their sale...conversely I could get the Wharfedale system for £590 is the difference in price worth it? I could put the difference towards my blu-ray fund!

Any opinions welcome.

A

Anonymous

Should have mentioned the £590 wharfedale package includes the 150W sub, not the 250W that usually goes with that package.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts