Wharfedale EVO2-40? Anyone have experience with these?

Dscience

Jul 20, 2022
Visit site
I recently picked up a very nice set of Wharfedale EVO2-40 speakers. I know they are a little bit outdated, and thus cannot find very much information on them. Does anyone have experience with them, or have them?

Thanks!

I'm comparing to Klipsch RP-600M's and trying to decide on which to keep.

I recently picked up a very nice set of Wharfedale EVO2-40 speakers. I know they are a little bit outdated, and thus cannot find very much information on them. Does anyone have experience with them, or have them?

Thanks!

I'm comparing to Klipsch RP-600M's and trying to decide on which to keep.
There are plenty of reviews and info on them online.
question,: If you knew nothing about them why did you buy them? Just curious.
You have these speakers so nobody here can decide which ones you should keep really.
Try playing around with positioning of the Wharfedales and make up your own mind which are better, remember these are probably 12 years old.
Note: you are sort of comparing chalk and cheese as they say, because these are completely different styles of speakers.
It should, however, be easy to determine which suit your room best.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12th Monkey

Dscience

Jul 20, 2022
Visit site
There are plenty of reviews and info on them online.
question,: If you knew nothing about them why did you buy them? Just curious.
You have these speakers so nobody here can decide which ones you should keep really.
Try playing around with positioning of the Wharfedales and make up your own mind which are better, remember these are probably 12 years old.
Note: you are sort of comparing chalk and cheese as they say, because these are completely different styles of speakers.
It should, however, be easy to determine which suit your room best.

Wow, what a 'helpful' reply. I hope you have a better day, thanks for the 'advice'. LOL

I wasn't able to find 'plenty' of reviews online, but that word may be subjective.

I never said I 'purchased' these. I 'picked them up', and got a really good deal on a trade. But to answer your question, why did I buy them "when knowing NOTHING about them?" Because they sounded good and I want good speakers. LOL

Wow, this is exactly what I came here for. I know NOTHING of speakers. So when you say " they are completely different" it would be helpful to actually TEACH ME how and why they are different.

Your reply was unhelpful, filled with arrogance and honestly is not very inviting. Sorry for coming to a audio forum for advice. I'll keep my questions to myself from now on.

Sorry al-might forum moderator. Power hungry?

Wow, what a 'helpful' reply. I hope you have a better day, thanks for the 'advice'. LOL

I wasn't able to find 'plenty' of reviews online, but that word may be subjective.

I never said I 'purchased' these. I 'picked them up', and got a really good deal on a trade. But to answer your question, why did I buy them "when knowing NOTHING about them?" Because they sounded good and I want good speakers. LOL

Wow, this is exactly what I came here for. I know NOTHING of speakers. So when you say " they are completely different" it would be helpful to actually TEACH ME how and why they are different.

Your reply was unhelpful, filled with arrogance and honestly is not very inviting. Sorry for coming to a audio forum for advice. I'll keep my questions to myself from now on.

There is no need to be rude Dscience. I see nothing arrogant in Al Ears post. You could've politely asked in what way are they completely different, instead of accusing him to be "power hungry". What power hungry? Moderators here aren't regular employees of the company and just forum members who don't get paid for the moderating work. We are here to maintain forum decorum.

You obviously came on this forum with an axe to grind.
Can I politely suggest you go and find a Viking Re-enactment group instead?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts