• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Wharfedale Evo Series 4.2 vs 4.3

Aidan34

Oct 26, 2020
Hi All,

I recently auditioned a pair of Evo 4.2s with a cambridge audio cxa 80 and I think they're the speakers for me. I'm quite tempted to go up to the 4.3s. The only issue is I can't get an audition of the 4.3s does anyone have experience with the 4.3s are they worth the 400 pound bump up in price?

Cheers

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
Hi All,

I recently auditioned a pair of Evo 4.2s with a cambridge audio cxa 80 and I think they're the speakers for me. I'm quite tempted to go up to the 4.3s. The only issue is I can't get an audition of the 4.3s does anyone have experience with the 4.3s are they worth the 400 pound bump up in price?

Cheers
I liked the look (and price) of those Evo's when I first saw them, bit surprised we don't hear more about them here on the forum.

Depends whether standmount or floorstander will be better suited to your situation.
Assume you've got some stands? otherwise that would add to the 4.2s price and narrow the gap.
£400 doesn't seem an excessive bump when you consider the extra drivers and cabinets......and if you've got the money spare....
Shame the 4.2 auditioning dealer didn't have the 4.3s for you to hear, as comparing is your best option.

Reactions: Aidan34

Aidan34

Oct 26, 2020
I liked the look (and price) of those Evo's when I first saw them, bit surprised we don't hear more about them here on the forum.

Depends whether standmount or floorstander will be better suited to your situation.
Assume you've got some stands? otherwise that would add to the 4.2s price and narrow the gap.
£400 doesn't seem an excessive bump when you consider the extra drivers and cabinets......and if you've got the money spare....
Shame the 4.2 auditioning dealer didn't have the 4.3s for you to hear, as comparing is your best option.
I've already got the stands, so covered on that front. Not sure it's worth the extra few hundred for a blind buy. Awful shame I cant get a demo of the 4.3. I'm sure they're a great speaker. Im just trying to jsirudy the spend now

Reactions: DougK and Gray

Dmode101

Nov 9, 2020
I've already got the stands, so covered on that front. Not sure it's worth the extra few hundred for a blind buy. Awful shame I cant get a demo of the 4.3. I'm sure they're a great speaker. Im just trying to jsirudy the spend now
For what its worth id stick with the 4.2s if you've already got decent stands

ive got the 4.2s matched with CXA 81 Amp and the sound is outstanding the bass is amazing deep yet tuneful that mid dome is the star of the show blends so well with the highs and the lows.

The more i listen to them the more I'm in ore

One of Wharfedales finest

Reactions: Aidan34 and Gray

Ian J Hicks

Dec 17, 2020
For what its worth id stick with the 4.2s if you've already got decent stands

ive got the 4.2s matched with CXA 81 Amp and the sound is outstanding the bass is amazing deep yet tuneful that mid dome is the star of the show blends so well with the highs and the lows.

The more i listen to them the more I'm in ore

One of Wharfedales finest
Really glad I saw this post. Was looking for speakers to pair with my CXA81, CXC Transport and Rega Planar 6 and have been really tempted by the Evo 4.2's so thanks...

Reactions: Dmode101

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS