Wharfedale DX1 supply problems?

SAD1221

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello if you are reading this and thank you. I`m hoping someone can help a newbie to the forum out. Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble purchasing the Wharfedale DX1 speaker package. My brother ordered a bundle from EXceptional AV on the 14th sept, originally they ordered the rxv373 with the wharfedales but was told the 373 was sold out but offered the 375 which they accepted. but now they keep being told the speakers are out of stock and awaiting delivery from Wharfedale. The original bundle was priced at 430 quid but they were offered the 375 for an extra 30 quid that bundle is now selling for 589 quid with a free cable bundle. Is the problem with E AV not Wharfedale because i can`t help but smell a rat because of the good deal they were offered. Hope someone can help, Cheers

SAD1221

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Daniel and thanks for the reply. I`m sorry for the late reply, spoke to my brother today 14th Nov he said they sent an email to E av the w/end to which they`ve just had a reply saying speakers are due in on the 28th Nov, time will tell. They did send an email to Wharfedale but got no reply. Seems the norm when trying to order cinema speakers, I had the same problem getting my Q A 2000i`s, but an email to Armour Home helped to my suprise. Wharfedale are coming across as uncaring about the consumer from our point of view. They are going to wait till the end of the month to see what happens.Thanks again for reply Daniel, will pass on your website.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, as the DX-1's are produced in China, I think Wharfedale are simply waiting for a ship to dock, in that they don't physically have any in the UK and are waiting on shipments, which can literally take months. Hope this helps?

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
SAD1221 said:
Hi Daniel and thanks for the reply. I`m sorry for the late reply, spoke to my brother today 14th Nov he said they sent an email to E av the w/end to which they`ve just had a reply saying speakers are due in on the 28th Nov, time will tell. They did send an email to Wharfedale but got no reply. Seems the norm when trying to order cinema speakers, I had the same problem getting my Q A 2000i`s, but an email to Armour Home helped to my suprise. Wharfedale are coming across as uncaring about the consumer from our point of view. They are going to wait till the end of the month to see what happens.Thanks again for reply Daniel, will pass on your website.

No worries, my reply got lost as it's hard to monitor my comments on this site. I have spoken to Wharfedale and currently stock is due in the first week in December. There have been issues with both the recent typhoon and also a shipment was re-routed via Singapore (im told) which added to the delay.

TRENDING THREADS