Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 - Thinking of buying, advice please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First post, hello!

For quite a while I've only had headphones with my PC and no speakers, but it sucks when others are here and only one of you can listen at once.

So I'm after some speakers to use with my PC, this is my current setup:

- Sound card: ASUS Xonar D2
- Amp: FiiO E9
- Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 pro

The speakers will mainly be used for music, of which most will be metal of the heavy kind (I love Meshuggah)

Budget is around £100, although I will stretch up to £150 or even £200 if you guys think it's worth it.

I'm thinking of getting the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's, although I have a few questions:

- I've watched a few videos and the connections on the back are very unfamiliar to me. Will I be able to plug them into my FiiO E9 amp via RCA?
- Do they sound good for Metal music?
- Any other speakers you'd recommend for my price range?

A

Anonymous

Hmm I've been reading and it seems that I can't use the 9.1's with my E9 Amp :(

What do you guys think about the Audioengine A2's as an alternative?

John Duncan

Yeah 'fraid not. Shame, as the Diamonds would be great for you.

The A2s are greeat for what they are, but they won't give you the scale the Diamonds would with a half decent amp. Can you stretch another 50 quid to get a s/h amp?

A

Anonymous

John Duncan said:
Yeah 'fraid not. Shame, as the Diamonds would be great for you.

The A2s are greeat for what they are, but they won't give you the scale the Diamonds would with a half decent amp. Can you stretch another 50 quid to get a s/h amp?

That sounds like a good idea, since the A2's are £40 more expensive than the Diamonds. Which amp would you recommned for around £50?

John Duncan

Older AV amps. Like I told somebody else, you can probably get a Yamaha DSP-AX620 or Denon AVR150-something for 50 quid if you wait.

Alternatively; NAD, Rotel or Denon hifi amps, all of which can be had for that money.

A

Anonymous

Ben123

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
ive had the 9.1s for years and for a budget 'bang per buck' speaker i think they are top of the pile. i've owned the mordaunt short 902i which are a similar level but sold them on due to lack of bass (and no good for metal). i've moved on to better speakers but still have the 9.1's for parties and and the like.as for amps i bought i marantz pm6010 ose which i got for £50. Just make sure its got no problems as reliability isnt the best with that particular model as they are getting old now.the 9.1s will have a lot more to give with a better amp and dac too

ive had the 9.1s for years and for a budget 'bang per buck' speaker i think they are top of the pile. i've owned the mordaunt short 902i which are a similar level but sold them on due to lack of bass (and no good for metal). i've moved on to better speakers but still have the 9.1's for parties and and the like.

as for amps i bought i marantz pm6010 ose which i got for £50. Just make sure its got no problems as reliability isnt the best with that particular model as they are getting old now.

the 9.1s will have a lot more to give with a better amp and dac too

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts