Wharfedale Diamond 220 vs Mission LX2

sriracha

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a pair of speaker for my Marantz MCR 610 and end up with Wharfedale Diamond 220 and Mission LX2.

Which one would better matches my amp?

sriracha said:
I'm looking for a pair of speaker for my Marantz MCR 610 and end up with Wharfedale Diamond 220 and Mission LX2.

Which one would better matches my amp?

From all accounts both about equal so I would suggest you go and audition if you can.

Having said that I think Q Acoustics 3020 would probably suit your Marantz better. The Wharfdales might be better if you have to place them close to a rear wall.

matthewpiano

I suspect it would be a pretty close-run thing. The Diamonds are very natural, open, and detailed whereas I would expect the Missions to be more overtly fun, so it depends on your personal preference more than anything. Both brands are owned by IAG, and the speakers under each brand tend to be engineered/voiced to fit with the traditional 'house sound' of the brand. Either should pair very well with the MCR 610.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Popped into RS today.

Well, the LX2 are sizeable. Subtle is not the word. Wouldn't be so bad if there was some design flair but I guess at this price you can't have that too.

It looks prosaic not to put a finer point on it.

The Wharfedale also looks cheap.

Dali's zensor 1 looks smarter (better than the bigger 3 too) as does QA's 3020 and MA'S Bronze 1.

If I was you I'd get a pair of Mission's M71i's. They look much better than the new LX and has very similar drivers. I suppose inflation and material price rises have taken its toll.

All imho

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts