Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 or 10.1 to replace Diamond 9.1 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
G'day guys, I've recently downgraded my fronts from the superb Diamond 9.6 to Diamond 9.1 . Yeap that's a massive downgrade alright but honestly I'm enjoying the current 9.1/9CM/9.1 more then the 9.6/9CM/9.1 setup in my moderate sized living. With the 9.1 at the front, everything seems to be much more defined and I can just feel perfect phase coherence . But then there seems to be a big hole in the soundstange with the 9.1 and the bass weight and midbass snap are just not adequate even though I've got them crossed at 80Hz via the receiver. In this scenario would I notice an improvement going a step up to the 10.2 or 9.2 or even the 10.1 and would it make any difference in overall bass and mid-bass performance ? I intend to high-pass them at 80Hz. There aren't any reviews on the 9.2 or the 10.2 . Are these speakers similar to the their .1 brother but with the added advantage that comes with a larger cone size ? On the other hand , my local dealer suggested the PSB Image B6 setup. I haven't had the oppurtunity to visit him for a demo yet but does anyone know if the Image setup is better then the Wharfadale setup ? The suggestions would be much appreciated fellas Cheers,Amuth

A

Anonymous

I would not say that the 10.1 or 10.2 would offer a huge upgrade.... Well not worth £200+ IMO

I would be looking for a upgrade like B&W 685 or RX1 or RX2 and save your cash and upgrade to those.

I am going from 9.1 which I have at the moment to RX6 as my livingroom is 5m x 5m.

I just dont think you will see a upgrade from the 9.1 to the 10.1 or 10.2

A

Anonymous

Yep Id go with that, save your money and get some better speakers than the 10.1's and this will give a much better sound per pound investment.

A

Anonymous

point taken guys ! cheers :)

Any opinions on just upgrading the 9.1s to Evo 10 ( not evo2 ) and keep the rest as it is ? Will that be a better upgrade path as compared to goin with the newer Diamond ?

( There's one of this in ebay goin for half RRP at the moment..... )

amplification - Pioneer SC-LX71

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I have a basic home in a box.and the crossover is fixed. with small satelites it seems something is also missing, but I have floorstanders connected to it and it sounds much better. FIRST if I was you id try to change the crossover frequency

to 60 Hz and see if it makes the difference you need.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts