Whalfdale linton heritage

aversaurus

I'm looking for a good amplifier match for my whalfdale linton heritage speakers.
I buy most of my hifi equipment used so I'm open to second hand hifi .
I like a large rich sound nothing bright .
I have a DAC and streamer so I'm just after the amplifier.
All advice welcome

For a used amp I'm thinking in the £500/£600 range .
It would only be connected to a DAC and cd player .
It would only be used for music.
Arcam A39 should have the smoothness you're after. But a good one will be closer to £700.
For something a little more open then a Leema Pulse would do the trick nicely. Or perhaps a Creek Evo (original or MK2 version) should be the biz

aversaurus

I can't decide it's down to a roksan k2 or the arcam A39 in the last 10 years I have owned both of them before but with vastly different speakers .
In some reviews it says the Leema pulse an sound a bit lean with some speakers .

I can't decide it's down to a roksan k2 or the arcam A39 in the last 10 years I have owned both of them before but with vastly different speakers .
In some reviews it says the Leema pulse an sound a bit lean with some speakers .
All these amps are cracking for the price. Like humans they all have their distinct traits: the Arcam is typical Arcam smoothness, while the Kandy K2 is very ballsy. The Pulse, as I've owned it since 2010, incorporates most of the other traits but with a little more agility. The Pulse is slightly leaner, but that difference isn't even worth considering. It is only slight.

In addition, I've heard the Leema more recently with Kef LS50, last year with Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary & Harbeth P3 XD and they didn't lack in terms of bass. Of course they didn't project the lower frequencies as much as my PMCs - the PMCs have a larger cabinet and mid/bass driver. It's all relative.

robdmarsh

In addition, I've heard the Leema more recently with Kef LS50, last year with Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary & Harbeth P3 XD and they didn't lack in terms of bass. Of course they didn't project the lower frequencies as much as my PMCs - the PMCs have a larger cabinet and mid/bass driver. It's all relative.
What did you think of the Denton 80s? I had these for a bit. Didn't know what the fuss was all about. My Elac debut b5 sounded much more engaging and involving.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts