were is the best place to buy cables online

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I did check to see if I could send them back and it was ok to do so

I have never sent anything back before to Amazon as I've always been happy with what I've brought .

i have put the audioquest XLRs back on the hifi and played a load of music I put on bob Marley greatest hits album it's a great sounding album for quality I was impressed ! Strangely as the album did sound a little different in the finer detail .

the trouble is with cables there are a lot of people who think a cable is a cable they are to a degree but I feel cables are not meant to change the sound that all ready there . but with a low noise floor cable with no distortion getting to the music then you will hear more of the song as it's meant to be . I think that's why people say they hear better bass more detail in the treble it's because there is no noise coming of the cable and that's why I brought the audioquest speaker cables and XLRs they do make a very good quality products . Now I do sit 50/50 about cables as I can not put my hand on my heart and say I believe everything they say about cables but I do believe in my own ears *smile*

one thing and to be honest what I did not believe in was cable burn-in as there is no proof that this happens to a cables . The reason why I never went for the audioquest water was because of the Dbs is meant to keep the cable broken in all of the time and only audioquest does this Dbs . Now if cable companies actually show joe public proof then this would help there case .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
ellisdj said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
i will give it 3 or 4 more days

but do not want to be left with this cable if the sound does not change as they cost £280 i take it you have 15days with amazon if your not happy ? i thought cable burn-in was what the cable companys make up just so you do not send it back as there is no proof cable burn-in happen's not what i know off .

Best play safe and make sure you can return them to Amazon - I am not a big fan of Amazon returns because its a system you feel there is no personal touch - not good for hifi stuff in this regard - please dont get stuck with them on my account - however a week playing 24/7 should do it if its going to do it - or at least you would notice a change by then if its going to happen

No reason why you cant return for a refund - then start again with your testing with loan sets as suggested. I know you had vouchers for amazon so I appreciate that might affect things

For cds and loan cables Thats what id do anyway.
who actually loans cables out to try

do you have to pay the full price to loan cables out ? As this would save a lot trouble

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
ellisdj said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

but do not want to be left with this cable if the sound does not change as they cost £280 i take it you have 15days with amazon if your not happy ? i thought cable burn-in was what the cable companys make up just so you do not send it back as there is no proof cable burn-in happen's not what i know off .

Best play safe and make sure you can return them to Amazon - I am not a big fan of Amazon returns because its a system you feel there is no personal touch - not good for hifi stuff in this regard - please dont get stuck with them on my account - however a week playing 24/7 should do it if its going to do it - or at least you would notice a change by then if its going to happen

No reason why you cant return for a refund - then start again with your testing with loan sets as suggested.  I know you had vouchers for amazon so I appreciate that might affect things

do you have to pay the full price to loan cables out ? As this would save a lot trouble 

Different dealers work different ways. Some take credit card as security until they get their bits back. That's fair enough if you ask me. Why its worth getting to know a dealer who can loan you the stuff you would like to try.
Graham Slee has a home trial system direct from the manufacturer.

Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
ellisdj said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

No reason why you cant return for a refund - then start again with your testing with loan sets as suggested. I know you had vouchers for amazon so I appreciate that might affect things

Russ Andrews has a 60 day return policy. Not everyone seems to like the business, but I think they are good products, if a bit pricy. Often have sale offers too, and you can px stuff if you get hooked on upgrading.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just an update

i decided to send the audioquest XLRs back today as they basically made my hifi sound rubbish the sound changed for the wrong reasons even after using them for nearly 5 days . I found that the soundstage was smaller there was information of parts of songs I used to hear but not with the audioquest cable it was like the cable was holding back my hifi I used to hear cymbals crash quite well but they turned into hardly anything as well as a little drop in volume with theses audioquest cables .

i wanted to improve on what was already there by defining information that maybe my old cable did not pick up even if it was only a 2% improvement I would of been happy . Conclusion.... stick with my old XLRs I think .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts