were is the best place to buy cables online

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
i want to buy audioquest water XLRs for my hifi

but do not want to end up buying a fake pair for the price theses cost anyway i see futureshop sells them online but are they safe to buy from . or any other online shops *smile*

i do not want this to turn into a cable debat just were to buy from*smile*

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if they stock the exact thing you're after, but I've used audiovisual online before and theyve been absolutelt fine. Prices seem competitive also.

To be clear, I'm in no way affiliated.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Futureshop are an excellent retailer with excellent speedy service - genuine quality busines.

However DavidF seems ok as well ;)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
thanks all !

i will checkout futureshop what i am not sure about is that audioquest clam that each of the XLRs in the range has its own sound profile and water kind of matches what i want but.... is this just audioquest marketing hype as the price jumps each kind they do . i brought the rocket 33 soild core speaker cables about 8 months ago and i have been very impressed by it so i kind of want to match the quality of the speaker cables . so i am kind of 50/50 sure it would be a good move or just try red river which the range start at . my setup is a properly balanced setup and at this time i am still using £50 set of XLRs which are good but my mind thinks becase the rocket 33 was so good so will the audioquest XLRs if you get were i am coming from just a bit of fine tuning *smile*

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I've always found the AudioQuest cables using the DBS packs to be superior to those that aren't, and they always seem to work with whatever system you add them to. Other than my speaker cable which is Type 4 (has to run from the back of the room right round to the front for the front three speakers - expensive!), all other cables bar one are DBS equipped.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
This is it the Dbs kind of makes me think its a bit of audioquest hype that the Dbs keeps the cables buried in but I know there no way of testing cables properly to prove that Dbs works .

but as I've said I have been very pleased with the audioquest rocket 33 speaker cable and before owning the rocket I had atlas speaker cable which was around £10 a meter . I did swap them over the other day to see if there was a difference in sound between audioquest and atlas cables and found the audioquest was the better cable and the sound was much more bolder sounding .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The audioquest XLRs water cables for a 1 meter pair are about £480

but if you hear what the audioquest rocket 33 speaker cables are like you will understand that the money spent has been worth it . I normally only spend around £100 on RCAs . But I just hear a marked difference between my old cable and theses audioquest cables and I've been using the audioquest speaker cable for around 8 months so when i tried my old speaker cable it sounded dull and that's using atlas £10 a meter when I brought it .

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
The audioquest XLRs water cables for a 1 meter pair are about £480

but if you hear what the audioquest rocket 33 speaker cables are like you will understand that the money spent has been worth it . I normally only spend around £100 on RCAs . But I just hear a marked difference between my old cable and theses audioquest cables and I've been using the audioquest speaker cable for around 8 months so when i tried my old speaker cable it sounded dull and that's using atlas £10 a meter when I brought it .

Do they do a half metre cable? you might save yourself a fortune *smile*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes they do

but if you want to move the units on to a rack you need about a meter pair .audioquest do a model under the water ones which I like the Yukon XLRs but no Dbs but cheaper to buy about £245 for a meter pair .

the trouble is I was hoping someone on here would have some experience with audioquest XLRs and let me no what they think of them with their setup .

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
But I just hear a marked difference between my old cable and theses audioquest cables and I've been using the audioquest speaker cable for around 8 months so when i tried my old speaker cable it sounded dull and that's using atlas £10 a meter when I brought it .
Exactly, and that's one of the things I generally hear. I have used Water for demos, but they were phono rather than XLR.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
hi david

which of the XLRs have you used and what was your feelings about them please as i am not really sure which ones to go for as i am saying water as its a good all round XLRs to fine tune bottom end and highs and mid range and pick a little more fine detail out of the music .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
BS25 why dont you buy / loan both and return the ones you dont want. Thats the only way you will know for sure - the dealer gets a sale so its in their interest to arrange it for you. Best way mate, always the best way

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
hi david

which of the XLRs have you used and what was your feelings about them please as i am not really sure which ones to go for as i am saying water as its a good all round XLRs to fine tune bottom end and highs and mid range and pick a little more fine detail out of the music .
Now you're asking! They would have been from the previous range anyway, as they changed to Water, Earth, Wind, and Fire, and they would have been the higher models too. As I say, I never fail to be impressed with the DBS equipped cables, but I've only heard the Water from that range so far. As mentioned, it's a case of trying a couple out in your system and seeing which you prefer. I can convey what I feel about them, but the system's I've heard them in would be quite different to yours. I can always arrange for you to try them out in your system beforehand if you're worried about making any mistakes.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
i just orderd audioquest 1m yukon XLR as i am not sure if i am that brave to order water yet we will see what yukon does first before ordering water . as that DBs puts me of as i am not sure if i belive in cable burn in yet .

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The DBS isn't really to do with cable burn in. Shame, as I said, I'm going to order some for demo anyway, so you could've tried it out in your system. I'm only going to have a couple of non DBS cables for demo for general use, the rest will be DBS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts