Well that's disappointing

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Yesterday I picked up a new to me car (21 plate Mazda CX-30) After the laughable part ex value I was offered for me 13 year old Mazda 3, it is now in my garage waiting for the time my son decides to learn to drive. (I'll probably use it once a week just so it doesn't seize up)
Any way the disappointment; the car stereo, honestly the one in my Mazda 3 sounds better (richer) the one in the Mazda CX-30 sounds so tinny and flat, no amount of messing with the audio settings could improve it. Higher spec models of the CX-30 have a Bose system with a subwoofer where the spare wheel would normally sit but back in the day higher spec models of the Mazda 3 also had a Bose system but the standard stereo is good anyway.
Like my son said the reason may be the size of the mid/base speakers in the doors the speaker grills in the door cards are 1/4 the size of the ones in my old car, they are not much bigger than the grills for the tweeters.
You'd have thought after 13 years of progress with in car entertainment the sound would be better.
(1st world problems I know)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts