well that was a nice surprise.

nads

Having bought some Depeche Mode CD and DVD collectors editions a few months back and having listened to the CD's a few times and now having the Onk. amp i would see how the 5.1 sounded through it on the DVD. well while i was listening to the DVD's i was having a look and read of all the printed words on the packaging. when i saw the words super audio CD and the SACD logo very small. so i am now listening to some discs that i knew quite well but now sound better. Happy days. But why not advertise the fact on the packaging better?

nads

[quote user="richardjlarby"]Is that any good?[/quote]

yep the sound is way better. also they are the first SACD's that i have been able to play on the Disc player. But i see the similarities to the HD format issue. It is good but as i already have the hardware to play it on (included in the DVD player). would i buy a stand alone SACDP? no.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="nads"][quote user="richardjlarby"]Is that any good?[/quote]

yep the sound is way better. also they are the first SACD's that i have been able to play on the Disc player. But i see the similarities to the HD format issue. It is good but as i already have the hardware to play it on (included in the DVD player). would i buy a stand alone SACDP? no.[/quote]
Did you play the sacd in two channel and compare it with straight cd playback through the nad ? as im toying with the idea of upgrading from t550 to either t585 or t535.

nads

Ok this is only 2 channel SACD and i have played in many times on the 542 which for CD playback is almost identical to the 585 (to my ears, well maybe the 542 still has it but only just). the SACD does sound wider,bigger,clearer. the input volumes between the two units is different so i have had to adjust the volume but listening to "the sun and the rainfall" from "A broken frame" Remember this is the same disc that seems to carry two versions.
on the CDP it sounds fuzzy compared to the SACD. it is like Dolby true to the earlier Dolby soundsbiggus If i was going to get a new disc player i would make sure it could play as many (within reason) formates as i could. like i said earlier i have listened to normal CD's on both the 542 and the 585 and there is a Gnats whisker between them. (but also considering the price difference i would hope that they would be similar). go for it there are still musical oddities to be enjoyed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts