Welcome to the new whathifi.com!

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
By any chance, has the Auto Editing (of swear words) been by-passed with the transfer of posts over to the new site?

Purely in the interest of research, I will do a copy and paste of a quote and see what happens: "Yet people think they're stupid and then you get humans so fat they need a (Edited by mods) mobility scooter to do some food shopping."

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Regarding Logging In, once you enter your email and password and hit ok, a confirmation + redirect alert popup appears. Don't wait for the redirect, it's not working, just click further in the site or just refresh the page and you will notice you are in.

I just assumed that's what everyone did.

I wondered why people were complaining about slow logins.

D

Deleted member 2457

Vladimir said:
Regarding Logging In, once you enter your email and password and hit ok, a confirmation + redirect alert popup appears. Don't wait for the redirect, it's not working, just click further in the site or just refresh the page and you will notice you are in.
I will have to try that, if I ever log out again! *smile*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Vladimir said:

You should be ok until the next upgrade in a few year's time.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:
Vladimir said:

You should be ok until the next upgrade in a few year's time.
Lol.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
For me, the new look is hit and miss. I don't like the 'windows 8' feel to it at all or how the forum looks. The forum is a bit like having a conversation in a warm room in which you feel comfortable to listen or talk, only to be told you're being whisked off somewhere less comfortable which feels oddly colder. I guess it will warm up though. However, I do like how the review section looks and is set out; much more user friendly than before.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Vladimir said:

yes but not for a minute or so. Whys it take so long? Also why do I need to sign in everyday now?

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
CnoEvil said:
By any chance, has the Auto Editing (of swear words) been by-passed with the transfer of posts over to the new site?

Purely in the interest of research, I will do a copy and paste of a quote and see what happens: "Yet people think they're stupid and then you get humans so fat they need a (Edited by mods) mobility scooter to do some food shopping."

Oh EDITED, that's a bit unfortunate, isn't it? *diablo*

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
chebby said:
John Duncan said:
Indeed. Id have thought people should see the 'report' button though, since that's 'flag as offensive' in old money.

No, that disappeared with the upgrade.

Maybe WHF? staff (and mods) should also have an ordinary vanilla 'userid' (like we have) in order to see what we see after upgrades are made.

(For example the 'signature' box that Andy could see on settings but we couldn't.)

I have tinkered a bit with the settings and all logged-in, registered users should now get the 'Report' button. The signatures settings box issue has me stumped I'm afraid - one for the devs on Monday.

Neptune_Twilight

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I get the report button but I can also as I found out messing around I could delete an entire thread I started (I wondered what the delete button did) It was just to tempting not to press it ! *shok*

If the fonts are smaller & the double spacing sorted I can live with the rest oh & leave the delete button in too *wacko*

robinkiddy

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
'New & Updated' and 'Active' - are they not the same? Is it me or do they not always keep up - miss some posts sometimes? I prefer 'Latest Posts'. Also not sure that unnanswered posts is very useful - if no replies there is a reason surely - OP could repost.

PS RobinKidderminster is sorely missed - such an ace chap. Hope he can be reborn soon. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

robinkiddy said:
'New & Updated' and 'Active' - are they not the same? Is it me or do they not always keep up - miss some posts sometimes? I prefer 'Latest Posts'. Also not sure that unnanswered posts is very useful - if no replies there is a reason surely - OP could repost.

PS RobinKidderminster is sorely missed - such an ace chap. Hope he can be reborn soon. :)
Hear Hear.

robinkiddy

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Also ..... 'updated' in red & 'read X new' in blue replaced the simpler 'X unread'.

Seems some funny choices - colours obviously but kinda gettin used to it. Seems so much wasted space. Duplication (as above). Less intuitive generally. Pinch zoom should surely work too - fine on tablet but too small on phone.

It would be nice to have a list of features which are being looked into so that we dont have to repost same stuff all the time and recognise that 'our' views are shared and accepted. Is this the right place to comment or 'FEEDBACK'. Too many different places to choosw from maybe?

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I notice there is a [*dash1*very helpful] box telling me that my comment has been posted. Trouble is that it shows at the top of the page and I have already noticed that my post is on the website because it appears right in front of me. Is this not a completely useless feature?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the cosmetics of the site can be sorted out in due course, but in order to make things cleaner and easier to read it would help if some of the forum topics were culled or hidden from the top level view if they are sub-forums. Out fo the following list I think the ones marked with a '*' wouldn't be missed too much (IMHO) ... preferably they could be combined into the parent topic. I think a new topic called "Music and video services" would be useful where people can talk about Qobuz, Spotify, Netflix etc.
Hi-Fi, Turntables and LPs, Headphones, Home cinema, AV receivers, Blu-ray players, TVs and projectors, * Freesat, Freeview, Sky and Virgin, Hot deals, Computer-based media, DACs, Network players, * Network storage, PCs, Macs and other computers, Smartphones & tablets, * Android, * Apple iPad, * Apple iPhone, * Networks and contracts, * Windows, * MP3/MP4, Gaming, * PC Gaming, * PlayStation, * Xbox, Digital and analogue radio, * Wi-fi, Accessories, Your system, This week I have mostly been listening to/watching..., About the site, About the mag, * Readers' tips, Shows, Off-topic and miscellaneous, * Auntie Angelina's Problem Corner, There's this shop near me..., * I remember when..., * whathifi.com Fantasy Football

TRENDING THREADS