admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All

My system consists of : Yamaha RX-V 2600 , AV Amp

Marantz cd 6000 SE LE , CD Player

Pioneer 717, DVD Player

KEF IQ5 SE , Speakers

KEF Concerto (floorstanders for surround speakers)

JBL MR Centre , Centre Speaker

QED Silver Anniversary XT , Speaker Cables for all 5 Channels

MJ Acoustic Pro 50 MKII , Subwoofer

QED sub and phono cables

I know the dvd player is 10 years old but is in full working order and a great picture so not looking for an upgrade here until i go for HD set-up sometime soon.

That leaves me with the JBL centre speaker thats served me well but i'm thinking it's dated and not nearly a match for the other speakers...... so is it the IQ2C or IQ6C that will fit in the best, and would the IQ2C be much better than the JBL?

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

You're quite right in singling out the JBL as the weak point. The matching centre would be the iQ2c, which uses the same UniQ driver as the iQ5's. The iQ6c is more designed to match the iQ3, iQ7, and iQ9 models, again, using the same main driver as these models, but adding two mid/bass driver to give a fuller sound. This will be the better sounding centre, and even though not designed for the iQ5's, there's no harm in going for this if you want to get the best you can from your setup.

The DVD player is also going to be a weak link with a HD screen. HD players don't tend to be as good as dedicated DVD players, so do try a HD player with some DVD's first to see if it performs as well as you need it to. If not, you could look at Pioneer's DV-LX50.

neomancer

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
What are the Kef concertos like? The Uni-Q driver array seems so characteristics of the Kef sound that I can't imagine what they're speakers would sound like without them. Are they still pretty good?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts