idc

I have had a play on We7 and will use it as I have just listened to Pink Floyd, who are not on Spotify. But, no King Crimson on either. and Peter Gabriel is also not on Spotify, I now know why! Spotify's catalogue is massive in comparison, but now there is competition it will be interesting to see how that develops.

EDIT - We7 has one Anekdoten album, whereas Spotify has five.

We7 is way more commercial with its adverts on the site and the 'blipverts' at the start of each track. But there is the promise of advert free music in the future, even if it is only for a day.

EDIT - now I have registered for free, you get an advert free day after listening to an as yet unspecified period of time. You kind og build up credits towards it.

As a sound comparison I tried Massive Attacks 'Angel'. We7 streams at 192kbps as opposed to Spotify Premium at 320kbps. Spotify uses Ogg Vorbis compression, I think We7 uses MP3. We7 sounds flat and compressed, with less dynamic and soundstage, but just as much detail.

EDIT - further listening confirms the above. But We7 is a sound rival to the free Spotify service.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts