We may need a 5.0 powered subwoofer in production.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I guess everybody understand what I mean.

I recently find out that my AVR won't sound at its best when some or all of the speakers are set as "small". It might be difficult to AVR to distribute multichannel soundtrack from it's source into a mixed-up channel under it's control. Therefore, I set all channel as "large" although some (or all) my speakers are small. That's not all. The subwoofer also must not to be mixed up with speaker channel. In this case, my subwoofer is set for "LFE only". This is to make sure my AVR works easier without channel mixed-up. The result is amazing,. sounds like my AVR is working without stress.

The problem is when we use small speakers for Left, Centre and Right channel, there would be absence of bass dedicated for respective channels, apart from LFE channel. At this moment, BOSE subwoofer may be a good idea to work together with standard LFE subwoofer simultaneously. However, BOSE subwoofer doesn't input 5.1 pre-out signal from AVR. That's why we may need a 5.0 powered subwoofer in production.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Somewhat ignoring the op maybe? Is the 'ideal' setup either full range large speakers all round & sub for lfe or using dolby guidlines, crossover at 80hz? The former seems the less processing option but are amps and bd's designed around a 80hz crossover?

TRENDING THREADS