** Watch me Build my Home Theater System **

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Ahh its too deep? sticks out the front. I thought i read a while ago you saying it wouldnt fit but i was thinking my god there'd be load of room its not as tall as the speaker, silly me! :-0

A

Anonymous

Ya the Denon Amp doesnt fit in the middle, So will need to get new stand :)

Anyway here is what iv started upstairs in my main bedroom. Walls going all white again :)

The LCD you see here will go in the bedroom once its done on the wall mount.

2984580868_be82552493.jpg

2984579530_54444e0a01.jpg

2984567948_5fd280c239.jpg

2984576336_2863839cbe.jpg

A

Anonymous

Shouldn't you now change the title of your thread to "Watch me build my home theatre system and then redecorate my house"?

A

Anonymous

Octopo:Shouldn't you now change the title of your thread to "Watch me build my home theatre system and then redecorate my house"?

Ha Ha , Well this Room is part of the Theater system build aswell , As in this room we will have :

40 inc LCD Screen wall mounted ,
5.1 all in one cinema system setup
PS3
Sony Laptop

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:Shouldn't you now change the title of your thread to "Watch me build my home theatre system and then redecorate my house"?
emotion-5.gif

Think B+Q must have done him a Job-Lot deal on white paint!
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

I would love to learn how to do that mate but wouldnt have a clue where to start ,

The house needed updating and white seems to be the new colour for updated houses :) and it looks clean and Fresh , and i like it that way , Iv got most of my ideas from Home design Mags ect to tell the truth and looking on other forums at what other people have done in thier homes.

A

Anonymous

Just letting you guys know that the Bedroom is Finished , As in new a Carpet walls painted ect , bed moved back in aswell / No Eletronics as of yet added to the room but these will all get added in new year ,

I have some new pictures to upload of the living room , I Now have the Denon 1909 Rear B&W 686's , Will take some Photos and upload them in the next couple Days , Hope you all have a wonderful Xmas & New Year , Jason.

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
jasonsony735:Ok some new pictures with the Subwoofer , B&W ASW 610

2977289809_a47c3ca670.jpg

2978146840_3dae6e3da6.jpg

2978149478_b951e26b32.jpg

2966068717_a20758a362.jpg

2978187672_8202cc7393.jpg

Is that a digi lock on your door? Is it to keep the in-laws out? I'm going to get one.

A

Anonymous

Yes its a Digi look on my Door :) and yes i have Home insurance :) , Wouldnt you .

Well i have the Full B&W System now so will show u all that with some pictures .

Also have Denon 1909 . B&W 686 685 Centre and 610 Sub , And wow it sounds Ace with the denon 1909 , Didnt get the Pioneer 5090 i was hoping for but im really happy with the Samsung 40inc 656 , it does really well with any HD Source . Watched Darknight last night and was loving it.

Anyway i will try take some new pictures and upload them all.

A

Anonymous

independent:tv looks a bit precarious standing on top of avr

Its not anymore as your see in my Xmas Pictures :)

A

Anonymous

I Think iv done really well if you look at what i had at the start of the year, Im really happy with the system i have . I might change some bits and bobs in 2009 , I do want to get a stand alone Blu-Ray Player, Im also going to Spray all the Stands Black .

Any way , here is a Before and After photo's of this year :)

3131153410_b0255d0da4.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thoroughly enjoyed this thread, nice one mate. The Xmas shots were great. How are you finding the Denon 1909?

A

Anonymous

Well iv had the Denon 1909 for one day now and im loving it .
I had the Denon 1507 before and was always happy with it , But Sevenoaks had it on offer at the weekend for £300 so i just couldnt say no , I also got the B&W 686 for £240 aswell.
Now iv got the Denon 1909 i now know what i was missing , this Receiver is ace ,I watched Blade Runner last night in True HD and i couldn't help but smile as the sound that was going to my ears was amazing! , Iv used the Auto setup ,witch was very easy to do once you have acouple reads of the manual , I also got the B&W 686 in the Window at the moment but after the new year i will get some stands, Also the Sub wasnt in the Xmas pics as its behind the Sofa.

Thanks for saying you liked the Xmas shots :)

A

Anonymous

Really good job there!

I really like your photos too, from a purely image point of view. What DSLR did you use? (I do presume it was a DSLR you used).

Other question (to everyone):

What would be the ideal place to put a Front Speaker? I currently have a closed TV cabinet which is quite high anyway, but it also only has 2 shelves: one for the amp and one for the BD player. Shall I think into buying a proper rack therefore?

A

Anonymous

Hi ya mate , Nope its not a DSLR but i am going to get Canon D450 or Nixon D80 in the 2009.

The pictures have all been taken with the Sony DSC - P92 ,Cost about £450 about 4 years ago. only worth about £70 now but it takes great pictures . Settings ISO 100 , All the rest is Auto. But i did use Macro mode aswell on some shots for close up detail.

Im glad you like myset up. Thank you.

To Answer your question id say get a new stand would be your best bet.

A

Anonymous

Are you still planning on getting the Pioneer PDPLX5090 or are you happy enough with the Samsung LE40A656?

I have the Pio BDP-F1 going straight into my LE40656 via QED Qunex and the sound is just above average(I don't a an AV Receiver though) but the Image and detail of Sweeney Todd was amazing, especially the detail of the dark streets of London. I think I could live with the Samsung now that I have sorted the settings on the Set, hopefully the PDPLX5090 will drop down in price mid 2009, hopefully.

A

Anonymous

Davey1984:
Are you still planning on getting the Pioneer PDPLX5090 or are you happy enough with the Samsung LE40A656?

Your right Davey the picture on the Samasung is very good , as long as people set the picture settings up right.

Well the Pioneer 5090 has come down to £1800 now so i might just have to get it in June or july , Ill also have a look at the the new model thats at £2300 Pioneer 500. But yes i will get one of the Pioneers and mount it on the wall.

A

Anonymous

northantsbloke34:Great set up. You're either on a great wage, got a really good xmas bonus or you have no kids! lol. Enjoy your system :)

Would'nt say that , I only work in a call centre lol , Wish i was on more money to tell truth . Don't get Xmas Bonus , And your right i have no Children, not yet anyway lol. Well maybe when i hit 30 , 5 years away yet :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts