Warming your components up before using

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
When im about to watch a movie i normally switch my kit on about half an hour before, i then used to find that towards the ending of the film it sounded better etc curiosity would get the better of me and i would start the movie again from the beginning just to check this and yes, it does sound better. So i decided to switch my kit on at least 2hrs (ish) before i watch a film or listen to music, sometimes longer than 2hrs like yesturday i left my kit on for around 4hrs (as got busy doing stuff) i then did a demo of various blurays etc and the sound was cracking. much more "louder" (had my volume set to where i normally have it) but seemed clearly louder, dynamics more refined and tight bass, it was like listening to my system late at night (where my system as been on for at least 4 to 5 hrs)i know some say it sounds better late at night because theres less on the mains supply but im not so sure now. Does anybody else find this? I know its recommended to leave yor kit on 24/7 but im not into that tbh but leaving it on a couple of hours or so before hand seems to work a treat.

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I used too have a home theatre amped by a VSX-LX50, wasnt a huge difference but i found the sound a little more controlled and smoother after the reciever had been on for an hour or 2. I also notice it with my Hi-Fi.

I had been told that only Class A amplifiers have a better sound after being left on, but imo it seems to make a difference with any Amp/Reciever.

A

Anonymous

hey guys you dont have to warm up before listening and wait
up to two hours for warm up just heat it up with a hair dryer
for 5 min and away you go, doesnt it warm the cockles of your heart to heat your hifi.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I was just thinking about the same thing this morning. I suppose I'd always been aware of it, or had been told about it. My amp (2 channel, class D) sounded much better after running for 1-1.5 hours and warming up properly. Everything fell into place.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Every hifi setup ive had has sounded better after 3 hours of running in (Especially at high volume
emotion-4.gif
)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
Every hifi setup ive had has sounded better after 3 hours of running in (Especially at high volume
emotion-4.gif
)
Oh ye Rik, Defo at high volume, ha

Most of you agree with what ive said then, so its not just in my head?

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
With my kit the bass develops more depth and drive after an hour or so's use- in fact the sound is a little thin to begin with. Not ideal but I usually leave it powered up anyway...

A

Anonymous

Hi

I totally agree. I have a class A Audio Innovations 500 and the sound is cracker after being left on for some time before use. To be honest I have found about after 1 hour is sufficient to hear a dramatic change in sound.

Other tip I noticed is position of speakers in regard to bass. Try walking into the corners of the rear wall and you may be surprised!!!!!!!! Watch you dont knock your self out in the process....Lean against the wall and move your head...See what you hear in regard to bass response.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts