Wanted: small speaker - big sound

SteveH72

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
Setting up a half size system for a study and need some small stand mount speakers but.... they’ve got sound big. I love a big open soundstage with great separation and a lovely airy feel. Components likely to be Cyrus. Current thinking is QAcoustics Concept 20 but any other suggestions, please? Used or new. Up to £300. Many Thanks.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Setting up a half size system for a study and need some small stand mount speakers but.... they’ve got sound big. I love a big open soundstage with great separation and a lovely airy feel. Components likely to be Cyrus. Current thinking is QAcoustics Concept 20 but any other suggestions, please? Used or new. Up to £300. Many Thanks.

I have zero experience with Cyrus kit however at that price point I'd add Monitor Audio and Dali as worth a look as well as Kef Q series.

insider9

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
How small?

I'd nominate the Bose MusicMonitors as the best tiny speakers around. I've taken a measurement mic to them, and they're pretty much flat from 70Hz up to 16kHz. They get astonishingly loud for the size of them, and maintain their bass as you turn it up.

The next size up, JBL's 104 monitors are worth a look. The lower treble is slightly rough, but they go lower into the bass and louder than the Bose speakers.

After that, you're into the realm of 5-6" studio monitors for the best sound IME.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS