Want to replace my Onkyo 606

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
I currently have the Onkyo tx-sr606 I am looking to upgrade.

I want to upgrade as I have a new tv and I am not getting the best out of it because the limited options the reciever has i.e no 3d pass through or 4k pass through.

I am looking to spend no more than £450.

I am looking for better sound I currently have a tannoy f1 system but looking to upgrade to kef q range in the not to distant future. ,3d and 4k capabilties and wifi and bluetooth ability.

Can you guys give me advice on what to look at

Thanks

jk1988.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I bought a new tv in september and i also have the onkyo 606, i've decided to wait untill next summer before i purchase a new (2015) reciever, if you want a new reciever now i would go for the sony STRDN1050 which has won several awards i would advise though that you don't get another onkyo it didn't do too well when it was reviewed.

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
Yeah wasn't planning on getting an onkyo ive just fallen out of love with the sound on the one i've got and I think it would take alot for me to be persuaded to get another one. I had seen the sony but I am not to keen on the look of it and its quite crucial as I will have to look at it alot.. I have been looking at the Yamaha 677, Denon x2100w and the marantz 5009. What are your thoughts on the three mentioned.

Thanks

jk1988

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts