Want a system test disc? Found one...

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased Hans Zimmer live in Prague Bluray today. I love his music anyway & managed to see this set live in Birmingham O2 last year. But it's a truly awesome test disc - it has such dynamic shifts, uses LFE to high frequencies and every texture in between. It's also beautiful to look at and nice to see the musicians seemingly enjoying themselves. The surround mix makes extensive use of the rear channels.

The disc comes encoded in the following formats:

LPCM stereo

Dolby True HD

Dolby Atmos

My AVR can't decode Atmos, so I just listened to it in Vanilla Dolby True HD 5.1. But it makes a cracking night in. At least I can set the volume to a level that doesn't make my ears vibrate so much my head falls off, which is what happened in the O2 in Birmingham! Can't recommend this highly enough.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I had listened to some of it on Tidal already, but I must admit the Bluray steps things up quite a bit. The quality of visuals is excellent for a live concert (not something you can always expect), but I suppose Hans Zimmer has many associates who are at the very top of their game when it comes to production values.

Adding the visuals, seeing the musicians perform (and there are lots of musicians on stage), and the 5.1 mix is a sensory barrage and well worth the asking price. The other thing that's evident from the Bluray is how the live set itself develops and builds towards the climax that is the Interstellar & Inception soundtracks.

Actually when I heard it live in Birmingham O2, it was so loud I couldn't appreciate the quality as much, but listening to the Bluray is actually better than being there in that respect.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-Prague-Blu-Ray-Hans-Zimmer/dp/B0753CGWBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512316442&sr=8-1&keywords=Hans+Zimmer+Live+in+Prague

may order a copy myself

*music2*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts