Walls , corners and speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know you should not put speakers in corners, but my question is if it is a front ported bass speaker will it make a big differance as the sound is all coming out the front into the room.

Tony_R

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
nick46:I know you should not put speakers in corners, but my question is if it is a front ported bass speaker will it make a big differance as the sound is all coming out the front into the room.

Any time you place a speaker close to a wall or in a corner, the bass will be boosted, whether the speaker has ports or not.

Obviously, the bass will be boosted even more on rear ported speakers - but front ported speakers will still suffer an artificial bass boost, even if you block the ports.

It's a natural side effect of placing speakers close to walls / corners.

A

Anonymous

Iam i right in thinking that if you toe in your speakers so they are facing in the room this will cut down on boom, as my ideal placement would be in the corners, thanks

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
No one can give you the correct answer as we aren't sitting in you room. If I were you I would try your speakers there and see how they sound best by tweaking angles and positioning.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks joel i appreciate i cant have a yes or no answer to this, and i know it will depend on what flooring and furnishings i have but as a general rule if i kept the speakers about 10 inches away from the corner do you think this would be ok, i really like MA rs6, but the stumbling block is my wife says ther is no way there going in the middle of the room, you know where i coming from!.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I do. Mine are in the corners through necessity too, and I'm actually really pleased with how they sound. I can't say I've compared them to other positions tho' as there's no point as it ain't gonna happen in my current abode.

ÿ

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
my speakers are in the corners, too. I moved them away from the walls cm by cm until the bass boom had gone. I didnt have to move them too far: 8 inches from the side walls, 12 inches from the back. For my system, I found that toeing in increased the brightness, so mine are head-on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts