Wall wart v. aftermarket linear psu

iceman16

Just ordered a phono stage linear psu to replace the wall wart which came with the unit. The seller from far east(Swagmanlab) HK got some good reviews from other forum. It cost £118 includes shipping to UK. Anyone own a product from Swagmanlab or experienced with them?

iceman16

iceman16 said:
Just ordered a phono stage linear psu to replace the wall wart which came with the unit. The seller from far east(Swagmanlab) HK got some good reviews from other forum. It cost £118 includes shipping to UK. Anyone own a product from Swagmanlab or experienced with them?

The psu arrived from HK in less than a week. Initial impression was that it is solidly built and heavier than I thought for its size. Left it on for 2 days before serious listening and comparing with the wall wart. The improvement is quite noticeable that the music sounded much fuller with less bakground noise. The music is more vibrant with more detail without being edgy or splashy. Microdetails and soundstaging also improved. Overall Im quite happy with the upgrade which only cost £118.

iceman16 said:
iceman16 said:

The psu arrived from HK in less than a week. Initial impression was that it is solidly built and heavier than I thought for its size. Left it on for 2 days before serious listening and comparing with the wall wart. The improvement is quite noticeable that the music sounded much fuller with less bakground noise. The music is more vibrant with more detail without being edgy or splashy. Microdetails and soundstaging also improved. Overall Im quite happy with the upgrade which only cost £118.

Good to hear. Enjoy!

iceman16

Al ears said:
iceman16 said:
iceman16 said:

Good to hear. Enjoy!

Thanks Al.. before I upgrade the psu I went to my local dealer and really want to try Tom Evans microgroove+ X but unfortunately not in stock even after almost a month waiting theres no respond. I dont want to buy blind so kept my existing phono preamp.

iceman16 said:
Al ears said:
iceman16 said:
iceman16 said:

Good to hear. Enjoy!

Thanks Al.. before I upgrade the psu I went to my local dealer and really want to try Tom Evans microgroove+ X but unfortunately not in stock even after almost a month waiting theres no respond. I dont want to buy blind so kept my existing phono preamp.

Fair enough. I didn't realise they were that difficult to get hold of.

TRENDING THREADS