WAF

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Gazzip said:
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Looks like a particularly cold place to live, if anyone could ever live there. But arent furnishings good for the sake of deadening reflective bass.

In Sweden? I bet that place is toasty warm. You’re right about reflection though...

Those walls are ace Open plan with style But we live in UK Oh well

No brutalist architecture in UK? Move to the Warsaw pact and enjoy raw concrete in abundance.
happy.gif

PiotrBednarski_11.jpg

Gray

MajorFubar said:
If it's any consolation, it's very clear to see that whatever speakers they put in that room it's going to sound sh*te.

I think that every time I see one of these pathetic 'lifestyle' adverts.

And I'd think that even if I wasn't a sceptical, cynical, miserable old Bastard. (No offence to you by the way Major)

Blacksabbath25

I am kind of thinking nice room nice and big I could put some big Dali epicon 8s each end and my Yamaha setup then a nice big home cinema

kick her out and find someone else to polish my Dali epicon speakers . *smile*

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Gazzip said:
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Looks like a particularly cold place to live, if anyone could ever live there. But arent furnishings good for the sake of deadening reflective bass. 

In Sweden? I bet that place is toasty warm. You’re right about reflection though...

Those walls are ace Open plan with style But we live in UK Oh well

No brutalist architecture in UK? Move to the Warsaw pact and enjoy raw concrete in abundance. 

Hang myself
Horrible

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

This is, of course, typical of London. There are dozens of buildings that look just like this now.

After all, you wouldn't want to mislead anyone by using a sample that wasn't representative, would you?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
lindsayt said:

This is, of course, typical of London. There are dozens of buildings that look just like this now.

After all, you wouldn't want to mislead anyone by using a sample that wasn't representative, would you?

did I say this is representative picture of london?

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I was going to say that this picture could be one of many places in London but cleaner , or some parts of Essex also.

Then I saw the other picture posted.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I imagine his chat with Ms. Cno when he installed his freshly purchased Class A amp. "You put anything on top of this, the house burns and everything in it".

And I can't imagine what dialogue happened when Electro brought in those giant monoblocks to sit on the floor. "That's the amp". *biggrin*

Real men that inspire.

Mrs Electro has her own room full of pictures and nick naks and piles of toot that is slightly bigger that my room (obviously *smile* ) and my monoblocks sit loud and proud in their own sparsley furnished ( apart from acoustic treatment ) one chair only room, ( who needs more than one ? ) we ocasionally meet in a neutral room with table and chairs for a chat and a cup of tea to catch up on the recent gossip and exchange stories.

As far as the monoblocks go she is convinced they are storage heaters that keep my room warm even when the heating is off.

After 30 years of co habiting and then marriage I can highly recommend this type of social arrangement. *i-m_so_happy*

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
If it's any consolation, it's very clear to see that whatever speakers they put in that room it's going to sound shite. There's fewer hard reflective surfaces in my bathroom. Just about the only thing in its favour is the two-tiered roof which to an extent will break up standing waves. Whole room though is clearly stilll going to echo like a church hall.

That’s a room? *gasp* I thought it was a nuclear bunker....

MajorFubar said:
If it's any consolation, it's very clear to see that whatever speakers they put in that room it's going to sound shite. There's fewer hard reflective surfaces in my bathroom. Just about the only thing in its favour is the two-tiered roof which to an extent will break up standing waves. Whole room though is clearly stilll going to echo like a church hall.
Amphion.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Vladimir & Co. I need to tell you guys that as much as this ad is nonchalant and cynical, I am also getting more and more convinced that soon all of us will say "bye" to all the Vinyls , CDs , passive amps and passive speakers etc. You cannot better the wifi technology. Nowadays it is still more lossy than lossless, but the good WiFi setup sound has definitive sound advatage over all these common things...We won't escape this. I use vinyls, CDs every day as well as Spotify streaming. Even Spotify connected by bluetooth to my system wins as far the "no mechanical noise sound is concerned"...Better WiFi , lossless connections - I guess this is the future.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
In the future The Wife will choose what kind of chip you get to have implemented in your head to listen to music. If you shave off the **** beard, the chip self-destructs.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Vladimir said:
In the future The Wife will choose what kind of chip you get to have implemented in your head to listen to music. If you shave off the **** beard, the chip self-destructs.

This is futurephobia... ;) Fear of the future...Let us not fear of the future....The future should fear of us...

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:

I know you’re not English Vladimir so I thought I should pick you up on this: It is “****” not “****”. He is a ****.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
It's a fairly newish term. Google it, enjoy the memes.

I have just added '****' to my vocabulary , there are many examples I know that will allow me to slip it into general conversation .

*biggrin* *aggressive* .

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Vladimir said:
It's a fairly newish term.

Only about 1000 years old, at least.

Time flies. Feels like King Cnut's funeral happened yesterday.

Lots of cuckservatives in the UK according to Peter Hitchens. Taking the seats of the real conservatives while propping up war mongering lefty globalists.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts