Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I see this trend of all in one equipment and interesting ads. For example this one. (click to zoom)

dynaudio-focusxd-30-lifestyle-1.jpg

Notice the trash bin and positioning of the two models. Who is in alpha and who in beta body mode? The whipped man's cluttter is now in the bin. Bloody hell Dynaudio. *sad*

Difficult times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create difficult times.

Barbarians are at the gates, and the wife has the key.

This is like one of those “what do you see” tests.

Maybe I see a woman who has junked her old amp as she’s just set up her new active speakers. She’s invited her gay neighbour round to hear them. And a rude person has just taken a picture of them!

Not that I’ve ever snuck in a new piece of kit without mentioning it....

S

SemiChronic

Looks like she even got her cardboard cutout husband from Ikea . . "Gimp" Husband accessory, cardigan included.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
it was beautiful audiophile marriage but he loved passives and there was always that next door gay with passion for actives

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If it's any consolation, it's very clear to see that whatever speakers they put in that room it's going to sound shite. There's fewer hard reflective surfaces in my bathroom. Just about the only thing in its favour is the two-tiered roof which to an extent will break up standing waves. Whole room though is clearly stilll going to echo like a church hall.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
lpv said:
it was beautiful audiophile marriage but he loved passives and there was always that next door gay with passion for actives

Having Milo Yiannopulos as a neighbor would probably decuck the poor chap. He might even buy a NON-ECO MODE soldering gun and LEADED solder!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
If it's any consolation, it's very clear to see that whatever speakers they put in that room it's going to sound shite. There's fewer hard reflective surfaces in my bathroom. Just about the only thing in its favour is the two-tiered roof which to an extent will break up standing waves. Whole room though is clearly stilll going to echo like a church hall.

She listened a Feng-shui podcast on her drive to work. What's this 'acoustics' nonsense you're talking about?

nopiano said:
This is like one of those “what do you see” tests.

Maybe I see a woman who has junked her old amp as she’s just set up her new active speakers. She’s invited her gay neighbour round to hear them. And a rude person has just taken a picture of them!

Not that I’ve ever snuck in a new piece of kit without mentioning it....

The eyes easily deceive..... :)

And they are crap at recycling...

And those speakers, well.... they are going to remain very silent. ;-)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I imagine his chat with Ms. Cno when he installed his freshly purchased Class A amp. "You put anything on top of this, the house burns and everything in it".

And I can't imagine what dialogue happened when Electro brought in those giant monoblocks to sit on the floor. "That's the amp". *biggrin*

Real men that inspire.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
real man got at least dedicated listening chair, preamp with separate power supply, floating regulated suspended and stabilised everything, mains regenerarion doctorate plus he looks inconspicuously..

hifi less multi culti dynaudio communist - you have brought shame to your family

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Looks like a particularly cold place to live, if anyone could ever live there. But arent furnishings good for the sake of deadening reflective bass.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Looks like a particularly cold place to live, if anyone could ever live there. But arent furnishings good for the sake of deadening reflective bass.

In Sweden? I bet that place is toasty warm. You’re right about reflection though...

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Gazzip said:
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Looks like a particularly cold place to live, if anyone could ever live there. But arent furnishings good for the sake of deadening reflective bass. 

In Sweden? I bet that place is toasty warm. You’re right about reflection though...

Those walls are ace
Open plan with style
But we live in UK
Oh well

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

My uncle has a log cabin in lillehammer in Norway which I’ve been too. Made out of wood and a grass roof. Lovely homely feeling like a Swiss ski lodge. Much rather have something like that if I had the money. Would sound great to put a really decent hi Fi in too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts