VT20 THX mode adjustment

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
a little niche for a posting perhaps?

has anyone got a link to the review that gives recommended settings for maximising the THX settings.........I cant find it

A

Anonymous

these settings are for proffesional mode , not thx , but hey , worth a shot ..

Mode: Professional1 Contrast 36 Brightness: 0 Colour: 30 Sharpness: 0 Vivid colours Off Eco-format Off P-NR Off Intelligent Frame Creation On/Off 16:9 overscan Off R-gain +1 G-gain -2 B-gain +4 R-cutoff 0 G-cutoff 0 B-cutoff +2

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
He he. I know your source Max
emotion-5.gif

And I fully agree. The suggested settings will assure excellent results!

D

Deleted member 2457

I have managed to turn on the professional modes 1 and 2 but i did not see any numbers?

Thanks

JurassicMark

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
gel:

I have managed to turn on the professional modes 1 and 2 but i did not see any numbers?

Thanks

The numbers for contrast, brightness etc. are the number of clicks (button presses) from the far left position.

The numbers for R-gain, R-cutoff etc. are the number of clicks left(-) or right(+) from the centre position.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The best set-up is, of course, the one tailored to your room/lighting conditions and personal preference. Please use any 'recommended' settings - or indeed manufacturer 'modes' - as a mere starting point, or there's a good chance you won't be seeing the best your TV can offer.

D

Deleted member 2457

JurassicMark:gel:

Thanks

The numbers for contrast, brightness etc. are the number of clicks (button presses) from the far left position.

The numbers for R-gain, R-cutoff etc. are the number of clicks left(-) or right(+) from the centre position.

I got you now
emotion-21.gif
although 36 clicks seems alot to me, i will give it ago
emotion-21.gif

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I can't understand why someone would plonk down £2k for a brilliant telly and not spend an extra £15 + investment in time to get a good calibration disc and calibrate said set for optimal performance in their room. The room that surrounds the telly has a far greater impact on the settings of the set than any other singular factor (not to mention that each panel probably has slight differences and would be set up slightly differently for optimum reproduction). Why would I want my great new set that I worked damned hard to be able to afford to be set up for optimum reproduction in someone else's room?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Tom Moreno: Why would I want my great new set that I worked damned hard to be able to afford to be set up for optimum reproduction in someone else's room?

Well said that man
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Tom Moreno:I can't understand why someone would plonk down £2k for a brilliant telly and not spend an extra £15 + investment in time to get a good calibration disc and calibrate said set for optimal performance in their room. The room that surrounds the telly has a far greater impact on the settings of the set than any other singular factor (not to mention that each panel probably has slight differences and would be set up slightly differently for optimum reproduction). Why would I want my great new set that I worked damned hard to be able to afford to be set up for optimum reproduction in someone else's room?

Can you provide a link to one of these discs, are they easy and simple to use?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

theres a slim chance that i may be able to get a pioneer kuro lx6090 , brand new for e2000
emotion-4.gif

waiting on a phone call , ive got everything crossed
emotion-11.gif

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
gel:
Tom Moreno:I can't understand why someone would plonk down £2k for a brilliant telly and not spend an extra £15 + investment in time to get a good calibration disc and calibrate said set for optimal performance in their room. The room that surrounds the telly has a far greater impact on the settings of the set than any other singular factor (not to mention that each panel probably has slight differences and would be set up slightly differently for optimum reproduction). Why would I want my great new set that I worked damned hard to be able to afford to be set up for optimum reproduction in someone else's room?

Thanks

DVE - Play.com

DVE - Amazon

Spears and Munsil (£22.50)

The DVE ones are best for beginners I believe. They take a while to get through but do a good job of explaining what it is you are doing as you go through the patterns.

A

Anonymous

gel , check out this link , theres a list of thx certified dvds and blu-rays , you are bound to own some of them , if so , put one in and under the disc menu options , you should find a thx optimiser setting , its not as good as the proper discs mentioned , but it may help
emotion-21.gif

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
(THX Certificate ) can it be given to any tv set or does the tv have to be performance tested to qualify? maybe a stupid question
emotion-10.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
tvspecv:(THX Certificate ) can it be given to any tv set or does the tv have to be performance tested to qualify? maybe a stupid question
emotion-10.gif

It needs to be submitted to THX for certification.

D

Deleted member 2457

Tom Moreno:gel:

Thanks

DVE - Play.com

DVE - Amazon

Spears and Munsil (£22.50)

The DVE ones are best for beginners I believe. They take a while to get through but do a good job of explaining what it is you are doing as you go through the patterns.

I guess these discs are going to be able to tell me what to have contrast, brightness, colour and sharpness on but are they going to be able to tell me what to put PNR, frame creation, vivid colours on and other settings?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS