VSX-2020, RX-V1067 or possibly AVR-2311, with Monitor Audio BR5s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Started by looking at What Hi-Fi Awards and was quite interest by the Onkyo TX-SR608 as this was within my budget of £500, but sale prices meant although i could get it for around £350, why not look at what better receivers i could purchase for the original amount. Things escalated, mainly due to the lacking pre-out available on many entry level amps, (as i'm more than happy with my musical setup of the Acam combo which has a processor selection button), and ethernet connection etc. I'm now looking towards the Pioneer VSX-2020 or the Yamaha RX-V1067, or Denon AVR-2311. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Dave

A

Anonymous

My choice would be the RXV1067 out of those three, it will match well with your MA speakers, the 2020 would be a very close second though.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
You have picked three excellent receivers to choose from.......

It'll be down to your own ears to decide as none of them are 'duffers'...have you got a retailer, that stocks all three, to go and have a listen?

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
You can get the 2311 for about £500 in the sale , that is a cool £170 less than the 1067 and 2020 , i had originally purchased a Yamaha RX-V667 but at that price the Denon to me is fantastic value, it may not do the streaming stuff or look as pretty as the other two but for an amp that 2 months ago got 5 stars and a great value tag i will be changing my order for sure, as i don't believe,after hearing all on demo that there is a £170 difference in sound, incidentally , mine will be run with M/A RX6 av12.

A

Anonymous

Guys thanks for your help. I actually went for the Yamaha in the end. Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts