Virgin V+ Audio set up problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have been reading the posts concerning the digital audio set ups for the V+ box but none seem to provide me with the answer to my problem.

I have just had a V+ box installed and used an optical cable to link it to my old Sony STR DB1070 amp.

The box is connected to my also ageing Pana TH 42 PE30 (NO HDMI !!!)  by scart.

I have my PS3, and DVD recorder both connected by optical for the audio but when I hooked up the V+ no audio.

I tried adjusting the settings as posted in other forums and the virgin instructions but to no avail.

The thing just resets itself as if it doesn't accept what I am trying to do.

Is the simple thing of setting audio out on the V+ to optical without HDMI impossible??

Any help is greatfully accepted.

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
If the HDMI audio override option is not available in the display and audio settings (home -> 8 -> 4) then I suspect because the connection is SCART that you may not get audio from the optical, if the option is avail try chnging the setting to off, and select the relavent optical input on the receiver to see if you get the sound. I can't be certain as I haven't used this setup before with a receiver / scart scenario.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks, I think a new TV is due!!

I do think its an oversight to not make something so simple possible.

I have been looking for ÿa manual for the box but can't find one. I want to know about the other connections on the back of the box.

Any ideas?ÿ

A

Anonymous

The Dolby Digital output from my V-Box has never worked. Even though there's a DD logo on the front. Virgin tell me that DD is "not supported". I just get 2 channel stereo across everything....

A

Anonymous

They don't tell you ANYWHERE (you have to read it here) that the Dolby is NOT carried by HDMI.

You need to pass your picture via HDMI.

You need to pass your sound via OPTICAL cable (and tell your amp this, ensuring it knows to use the hdmi/optical combo for tv).

Lastly, once done, set HDMI override to on.

And then BBC HD will get you Dolby Digital sound. Doin't hold your breath for it anywhere else as Sky do not allow Virgin to have the benefit on its movie/sport channels, as per no HD. If you are doing this and getting stereo, something is missing as you should get it!

A

Anonymous

And, Casca, you should know by now never to trust a word Virgin tell you!
I have Dolby Digital coming out of my box on BBC HD. It seems they do have the broadcasting rights to send it!

A

Anonymous

SAP7! You're funny!! I will have another go at setting it up. Big thanx.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts