Virgin Super hub problem

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Very sorry if this has been covered before, but I have not been here for a while and I have only just got the above Super hub. The basic problem is that the PS3 will just not work with the hub. Looked around last night and found on other forums including Virgin's own troubleshooting forum that the PS3 is just not compatible with the hub. So I have come back here to hear from people on here with more experience than me about these things. Is there a problems with the 2 pieces of kit or is there a fix?
Your help would be really helpful.
Did not have any problems with the old Belkin router/modem setup by the way.

Thanks Again.

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Sorry for being a bit thick, but what advantage will that give me. If the "hub" is as bad as you say why don't I just send it back and re-set up the old equipment?

jjbomber

ukdavej said:
Deffo the way to go to avoid problems. Quite simply, the "super hub" is hopeless!

I find mine excellent. It's on 24 hours a day and used for about 12 of those. It copes with a laptop, PC and streamer easily enough; no problems at all. We use about 75gb a month, so very heavy for personal use.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Have read a lot of negative comments about the Superhub but I have never had any problems myself with it, including connecting the PS3.

Is the problem with wireless, ethernet, or both? What is the PS3 saying when trying to connect? Presumably other devices (pc, laptop, phone?) are connecting ok?

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Will have have to have another look about what it says when trying to connect. I think it says something about IP address timed out. As for other things connecting, there is no problem. An Acer and a Dell laptop both connected in about 5 mins each. Two Blackberry's also seem to be working fine.

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
As I said earlier it was me just being a bit thick as it is working fine now. I don't know if Virgin has improved the "hub" but after watching a video on Virgin's website about how to connect various items is was easy. On the back of the hub there are 5 pieces of info, such as SSID, passphrase, WPS pin etc. When I was usiing the PS3 to log on it found the SSID and went along with the log in process until the security question. The PS3 gave you 3 options for security, non, wep and wps I think. As the back of the hub did not have any of these options on we chose "none". After watching the video the security code we should have used was the "passphrase" which was a series of letter/numbers. So after finding this info, we logged back on using the PS3 in about 1 min. So now all is well. Now all I have got to do is set up the desktop again.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
jjbomber said:
ukdavej said:
Deffo the way to go to avoid problems. Quite simply, the "super hub" is hopeless!

I find mine excellent. It's on 24 hours a day and used for about 12 of those. It copes with a laptop, PC and streamer easily enough; no problems at all. We use about 75gb a month, so very heavy for personal use.

Maybe there's something in the air at my house! I've had three units altogether, all having the same erratic wireless connectivity issues. Connecting a separate wireless router of another make and using the hub as simply a modem (for want of a better word) works fine 8)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts