Vinyl setup for ~£600?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
:) I wonder what the heck the OP gets useful and understands from this debate obviously away from the newbie knowledge :help:

The only chance for such a budget is as I said , to go preowned equipment .Otherwise he'll ask why the system doesn't sounds as he listened here and there. And in this case too , he is going to need a good friend's help .One who knows about hifi and vinyl.Very difficult to build a vinyl based system to sound good wich such a budget. Can be realised with careful shopping ,preowned can be aquired with patience and knowledge a system that would cost more than double from new.

In my opinion a system has to be equilibrated ...but attention , in vinyl based , one has to consider a good cartridge and a good phonostage ( I mean really good ; maibe a vintage amp carefully chosen with good phono section can be used) .If the cart/table/stage aren't at least medium quality , our friend is going to ask himself what's all this fuss about vinyl ?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
Although it goes against my normal format (source first, speakers next) with the OP's limited budget I can only agree that an amp with a half-decent phono stage is a prerequisite here, and I can think of none better than the Rega if buying new / ex-demo. Ultimately the difference between 9.0 and 9.1 speakers is not going to be that great allowing more funds to be channelled into the amp. Once the amp and front end are sorted the OP should have the ability to find speakersthat are better and possibly more suited to room layout at a later date when funds allow.

It's nice to share the madness.

FWIW. In a Vinyl led system, I fully agree that the TT should ideally swallow more than its fair share of the cost......back in the day, that was up to 50%.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts