vintage tuner help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please excuse my ignorance but I'm new to vintage radio. I have just bought a Sansui TU-717 Tuner and I want to be able to use it as soon as it arrives (from ebay American seller). I have been looking at the manual online and it seems switching the voltage is simply a matter of switching a switch on the back but I have no experience of the aerial connections.

There are 300 ohm inputs that look like they only accept one spade type connection but the T-type indoor aerials Im looking at getting either have two spade like connectors or one 75 ohm connection. The 75 ohm input like the 300 ohm input looks like it only accepts bare wire wrapped round a screw. I can't find any indoor aerial that looks like I'll just be able to plug in and play.

Can anyone advise me what to do?

A

Anonymous

Catcher:Please excuse my ignorance but I'm new to vintage radio. I have just bought a Sansui TU-717 Tuner and I want to be able to use it as soon as it arrives (from ebay American seller). I have been looking at the manual online and it seems switching the voltage is simply a matter of switching a switch on the back but I have no experience of the aerial connections.

There are 300 ohm inputs that look like they only accept one spade type connection but the T-type indoor aerials Im looking at getting either have two spade like connectors or one 75 ohm connection. The 75 ohm input like the 300 ohm input looks like it only accepts bare wire wrapped round a screw. I can't find any indoor aerial that looks like I'll just be able to plug in and play.

Can anyone advise me what to do?

The T-type aerials will work fine on your spade connectors (300ohm) . You will also need to switch the de-emphasis circuit to 50uS from the 75uS they use in the US, or the tuner will lack HF response and sound muffled.

T

the record spot

Sansui 717 - that's the bigger brother of my 317 - nice snag!! Great series of tuners too - circa 1977 or '78 I think?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts