Vintage or new record player?

Nexion218

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
Hi! My first post here and I reaching for little help and guidance from experience audiophiles or music lovers in general.

I'm thinking upgrading my set up and I need help to decide on picking up a new record player.

I’m thinking if a should go for a vintage second hand thorens 318 (about 315€) that is now for sell in a local website or go with a brand new Rega p2? ( or another record player in that range of price)

thanks!

Nexion218

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
how much do you know about turntables?
if you cannot go and inspect that Thorens I would forget about it.

Hi, thanks for the quick answer!
I would say i don’t know too much

I have a simple set up ( maybe 700€ total) but my record players always had been “budget ones” Yamaha p200 , JVC la 31 and before that a American audio t1400 (?).
The website that is selling the thorens has as far as I know a good reputation here in Sweden. They offer 3 moths warranty and they make turn table service before they sell.

Hi, thanks for the quick answer!
I would say i don’t know too much

I have a simple set up ( maybe 700€ total) but my record players always had been “budget ones” Yamaha p200 , JVC la 31 and before that a American audio t1400 (?).
The website that is selling the thorens has as far as I know a good reputation here in Sweden. They offer 3 moths warranty and they make turn table service before they sell.
In that case it might be a good buy. Does it come with a cartridge fitted? If not you will have to factor in a good deal more to get a decent one.
If you need simplicity and a good warranty then but new.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts