Vintage Celestion speakers

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hoping someone on here can help! Just bought some Celestion Ditton 332s for £20 but one of the midranges isnt working , swopped over and it is the speaker thats gone. I like the sound as my Dad has 33s so i'd like to fix if I can.

Unfortunately its not the same as the 33s midrange and I cant find any mention on the web .The number on the speaker is EN20. Does anyone know if there are replacements available anywhere ?

Maybe i should have waited for some fully working 33s to pop up in my area ;-(

Thanks,

Phil

A

Anonymous

Did a quick search on the interweb to no avail for you. Will a same size driver not work?

Bumping for the OP.
smiley-cool.gif

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
yep i dont mind replacing both but i would like similar sound so need equivalent - big magnet etc etc ...

dont know enough to pick a replacement. have DK loudspeakers no. which i will try tomorrow, but as Dave the speaker guru may well be in his 80's I will wait to see !

Phil

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have found that I can get replacements from SEAS for both tweater and mid-range . But I have contacted DK loudspeakers in Hornchurch and am dropping them off tomorrow so he can take a look. They re-coned my Dads Celestion Ditton 33s a while back and tweaked the crossover and they are superb .

Phil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts