Viera tv now cannot find WiFi !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I've had a Panasonic Viera tv for a few years and it's connected to the internet fine. However, yesterday it wouldn't connect - I tried several times (switched router off and on, which by the way is in the same room as the tv !), but it either could not find my network, or when I did a manual scan, it did not find my network, but found the network of the wifi from the flat below ! My wifi works with fine with all other devices in my flat, by the way.

So the Panasonic adaptor seems to be working if it can pick up the signal from the flat below, but why can't it find mine ? Can the adaptors stop their functionality i.e. should I buy a new adaptor ??

Gray

Seems strange if nothing's changed. At first I assumed your TV had built-in wi-fi, then saw your mention of an adaptor. Is it specific to the TV, made by Panasonic, or just a wi-fi adaptor that plugs into any USB socket?

Just wondered if you could try the adaptor in, say, a PC.

My Panasonic TV (with built-in wi-fi) shows a 'Network status' screen - wondered if you can access anything like that on your screen to give you some sort of diagnostic help.

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes it's a particular Panasonic adaptor I bought - I was told that this was the only one that worked with the tv. However, it is just a usual USB one, so maybe I should try another adaptor in the tv and see if it makes any difference !

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
Our Viera is now completely dumb, as not a single app on it works anymore, including the Panasonic 'app store'. Reminds me that I should disconnect it from the network, seeing how it doesn't do anything smart now...

D

Deleted member 108165

This thread is 3 years old! But my Viera went dumb last year... Amazon Fire Stick made it smart again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts