Video processing on Pioneer SCLX 85?

hubiedubie

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
There's little information on the video processing funcationality on this receiver? Does anybody know what kind of features it offers or how it compares to other units? I know it can upscale to 1080p and some noise reduction too. Is there any other type of picture enhancement on it?

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I asked this question some time ago and as yet haven't got an answer. If you speak to Pioneer support and ask if it's any differtent to the '75, that might tell you something.

It certainly upscales tho.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The video conversion / scaling is strong on the 85 but it is not a match for the Yamaha 3010 ( I think you asked about this in another thread). The de-interlacing in particular is strong on the 3010 and makes it a class leader for video in my book. The other amps at this price point are not far behind though.

rana_kirti

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
m sure that the HQV Vida improves non-HD channels.

But can they also make any impact on and improve...

1. Bluray Discs... i mean isn't a Bluray disc already at the highest quality possible by default ?

Does a Bluray Disc also have Block & Mosquito Noise, Jaggies and Artifacts ? Is there potential to improve the picture quality of a Bluray Disc by using the de-interlacing, noise reduction, resolution enhancement and scaling features of the HQV Video processor in the A3010 ? Or do Blurays Disc inherently have the most supreme and perfect picture quality ?

2. HD channels delivered via Cable/Satellite. I believe the HD feeds from the cable box are @ 1080i or 720p.

Do HD Channels from cable also have Block & Mosquito Noise, Jaggies and Artifacts ?

Do the video processors like HQV Vida, Marvel Qdeo provided in these modern High End AVRs like your A3010 improve the above in anyway ?

Regards,

Rana.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts